Why a Disguise? by Laura Numeroff Joffe

Why a Disguise?

by Laura Numeroff Joffe

Other authors: David McPhail (Illustrator)

I will not say that this book was enjoyable because I honestly did not like it and the illustrations seemed very dingy and outdated but I think it is because this book was written in 1996. However, I will stay for a book being written 22 years ago, it definitely held up and the message is quite adorable. It is all about being is disguise is fun but being yourself is okay too. ( )
  bbrelet | Mar 8, 2017 |
A cute book about a little boy who dresses in disguise so he doesn't have to do things. The story also has the little boy explaining why the disguise and why he wears it. The book is cute and it would be very enjoyable for children to read. The book shows how the little boy teaches his sister how to dress in a disguise. Very cute book to read to a class one day. ( )
  Emorrison | Oct 23, 2016 |
The purpose of a disguise is to hide one’s true identity and fool other’s into believing that he or she has is actually someone else. Why a Disguise? provides example situations of when a disguise could be useful. However, at the end of the book, it reminds readers that it’s important to still be yourself. ( )
  klledet | Oct 9, 2012 |

Laura Numeroff Joffeprimary authorall editionscalculated
McPhail, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Why a disguise?

There are times in life when it's useful for a kid to assume a new identity -- especially when it's your turn at the dentist's office, or Mom is serving lima beans, or the class bully is waiting for you after school.

Best-selling author Laura Numeroff shows us the many ways there are to enjoy being someone different, and reminds us that it's nice to know we're still ourselves at the end of the day.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:14 -0400)

Relates how a disguise can be used to evade the school bully, Mom's lima beans, and other unpleasant things.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,758,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible