Me I Am! by Jack Prelutsky

Me I Am!

by Jack Prelutsky

This book makes you reflect that you are unique and that everybody are special being the way they are. The girl in the book is reflecting on who she is and that no body else can be her.
Ages 4-6
YouTube
  Claudia3732 | May 24, 2018 |
This book is all about kids finding out who they are, having fun completing tasks together that reflect on their individual interests and help shape who they will become.

Ages: 3-5
Source: Pierce College Library ( )
  lindsaydturner | May 12, 2018 |
1. Summary - This, poetic book, described how each person can be the only "Me I Am". No one else can think my thoughts, act the way I act and why, or look the way I look. Similar but never the same, I am the only "Me I Am".

2. Personal Reaction - I thought this book was cute but it didn't really grab my attention like I thought it would. It was a good book for what it was, not much.

3. Extension Ideas -
1. I could use this book to show self awareness in primary grades.
2. I could use this book to model individuality
3. I could use this book as extension for vocabulary.
  mw193322 | Nov 16, 2017 |
Poem about how to be yourself and not let anyone tell you who you are and what you can't do. It is a rhyming poem and repetitive. In the illustration after each stanza, the characters change as if to indicate that we are all different and feel different feelings. Also that no one can tell us what we feel because we are us, not them. ( )
  mcsuane | Nov 16, 2017 |
I would do this book with a Kindergarten classroom as an interactive read aloud so that they could engage in the pictures in the book of the characters doing silly things. I would ask them questions like "Do you think that's something you guys would do?" Then after the reading they would go back to their seats to make their own I Am Me page for our class book. Each student would have a plain white piece of paper with sentence strips at the bottom of it. I would make them large so that it could be a large book for the class so we could read it together. Each student would copy the words I Am from the board and they would have to fill in their own names. Then they would copy the words I Like To.. and they would have to fill in the blank. Then they would have to draw a picture of what it is that they like to do. This way the students are connecting to the book while making their own classroom book. I would also use this book in a second grade classroom as an interactive read aloud. After reading students would be sent back to their seats to come up with adjectives that they feel describe themselves. They would then have to write a short I Am Me poem about themselves with the adjectives to describe themselves. We would them put them into a classroom book.
  AleciaTomes | Apr 18, 2017 |

I am the only ME I AM
who qualifies as me;
no ME I AM has been before,
and none will ever be.

Three very different children reveal their individual personalities in a series of visual mini-adventures. Readers meet a mischievous tomboy who would rather roller-skate than wear a frilly dress, an inquisitive nature-loving boy, and an artistic ballerina who puts her own spin on Swan Lake. Finally, in a wild and funny climax, the three collide - only to discover a world full of unique and special "ME's."

With exuberant art and gleeful verse, this empowering celebration of individuality and diversity is just right for any young child discovering his or her own self - and the fun of being ME!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:21 -0400)

An illustrated poem which celebrates children who enjoy doing all kinds of activities. This poem originally appeared in The Random House book of poetry for children, published in 1983.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,335,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible