My Brother by Anthony Browne

My Brother

by Anthony Browne

My Brother, is a story about a young boy who looks up to his older brother. He sees his brother as a perfect role model; he believes his brother is the coolest person he knows. This can show young children to become closer with their siblings. ( )
  Raquelb | Oct 2, 2014 |
This book is a super cute book about a brother and all of the ways he is cool. His clothes are talked about, what he likes to do, etc. At the very end, the little brother shows that he is cool too because he is just like his brother. (2 page comparison of both boys.)
  rab014 | Sep 21, 2011 |
This book is about a little boy describing his brother and how cool he is. Everything about the older brother is cool according to the young boy and in the end he finds that he too is considered cool. A good book for younger children maybe kindergarten or first grades who usually have older siblings. ( )
  kperk12 | Oct 18, 2009 |
Browne, A. (2007). My brother (A. Browne, Illus.). New York: Farrrar,
Straus and Giroux.

A younger brother describes his older brother and it is quite obvious he idolizes him. According to the younger brother his older brother does everything right. Simple, clear, strong vocabulary is used to describe the older brother. Words a child would use and understand.

This book is a toddler book. It can be completed in one sitting. It is about something in their immediate environment. The pictures and words are large. Some objects are labeled.

My Brother is ideal for a read aloud since the illustrations and texts are large enough to be seen easily. This book can be used to talk about family/siblings. Objects can be identified and there are some objects already labeled.

The sharp, clear illustrations are on white or notebook looking paper. Some pages have more details than others; however, it is still perfect for a toddler. The illustrator incorporates the endpapers into the story by using the same notebook looking paper and placing basic words to describe the brother in colorful bubbles. The artwork is very simple and matches the simple text perfectly.
  cdl | Sep 10, 2007 |

The boy in this book has a big brother who is good at everything. He’s a wild rock singer and a terrific climber. He’s read hundreds of books, he writes brilliant stories, and he’s brave enough to stand up to bullies. To his adoring younger brother, this big brother is a hero. More than that – he is really cool. He can even whistle!

With bright and funny illustrations that will endear these siblings to readers, this is a fantastic follow-up to Anthony Browne’s popular My Dad and My Mom.

My Brother is a 2008 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:31 -0400)

A child describes the many wonderful things about "my brother," who can fly, write amazing stories, and stand up to bullies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,988,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible