Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! by…

Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! (2006)

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (26)

6. This was another great Junie B. book. I enjoy reading a book that is from the perspective of the mouth of a young child. I enjoy reading and wondering what Junie is going to say next. She is really a hilarious character.
7. This is a great read for students who are young to middle readers, and you could focus on Junie B.'s attitudes and behavior while reading the story.
  kaylac_22 | Feb 28, 2016 |
I fell in love with this book. The way she spells, her interactions with people, and her overall spunk make this a fun book to read. This would work well as a book study (work on literacy skills) and bring in topics and language from Hawaii. Also a great series for this age group and could be used in a book club for elementary age students. ( )
  KatBarbie | Feb 28, 2016 |
This book is about Junie B. and her family going on a vacation to Hawaii. They are going to have a great time there or not. It's a fun book. ( )
  Angelatw | Nov 16, 2015 |
In my opinion, “Junie B. Jones Aloha-ha-ha” and the Junie B. Jones series is a wonderful series of chapter books for young readers. This book, in particular, is absolutely hilarious. Junie B. Jones is the main character of this story, she is very predictable because we know how she will react in situations and can predict her behavior. Also, if you have followed the series you would know her very well by this point. Junie and her parents are going on a vacation of a lifetime in “Pair-o-dice”. Junie B. is excited for her vacation to Hawaii. The vacation is not what she expected. Her teacher gives her a camera, a journal, and an assignment. The assignment is to take a photo everyday, with captions, and to describe what she did on her vacation. Junie B's journal does not start out well. Junie's last adventure was a guided tour of the rain forest and is awful and boring. At least it’s boring until a bird is attracted to the flowers in her hair and gets stuck in her hair. I think kids can relate to Junie B because it is written in her voice. I think it would be great to discuss not only vacations, but also giving new things a try. This is a realistic fiction chapter book for children in the 2nd to 4th grade. It is no doubt entertaining for a child. Junie B's outrageous behavior is endlessly entertaining, and as an adult reader made me laugh out loud on several occasions. I love how the book is narrated and told by a first grader, and seeing the world through Junie B's eyes is an absolute riot. Humor is definitely the strength in this series! The central message of the story is having an open mind when experiencing new things, and looking on the bright side! ( )
  kflach1 | Nov 9, 2014 |
This book was absolutely hilarious. This is a realistic fiction chapter book for children in the 2nd to 4th grade. This would be no doubt entertaining for any child, Junie B's outrageous behavior is endlessly entertaining, and as an adult reader, made me laugh out loud on several occasions. I loved how the book is told by a first grader, and seeing the world through Junie B's eyes is an absolute riot. Humor is definitely the strength in this series! The central message of the story is having an open mind when experiencing new things, and looking on the bright side! ( )
  BeckieZimmerman | May 10, 2014 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To the totally indispensable, completely irreplaceable, occasionally excitable, but always lovable...Cathy Goldsmith.
Dear first-grade journal,
I'VE GOT BIG NEWS!

It’s a week in “Pair-o-Dice!”

Junie B. and her family are going on a vacation to Hawaii! And ha! Mr. Scary is giving Junie a real, actual camera to keep a photo journal of her trip! But taking good vacation pictures is not always easy. ’Cause what if your airplane is full of grouchy ladies? And what if there is an unfortunate inner tube incident at the swimming pool? (And, oh my! Let’s not even mention what happens if a tropical bird gets tangled in your hair!) Will Junie B.’s vacation end up picture perfect? Or will her trip to Hawaii be aloha-horrible?

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:20 -0400)

Excitable Junie B. Jones manages to find trouble both before and during a trip to Hawaii and records each incident in a photo journal given to her by her teacher.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,001,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible