The Frozen Crown: A Novel by Greta Kelly

The Frozen Crown: A Novel (edition 2021)

by Greta Kelly (Author)

Info:Harper Voyager (2021), 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Digital Library
Tags:fiction

The Frozen Crown: A Novel by Greta Kelly

Askia is determined to save her people. And the threats that she must face among the way are tremendous. She must face the Vishir's political games after being raised out of them and having little idea on how they work. She must determine who is friend and foe. And most of all she must determine how far and just what she will do to save her people.

This book was a wonderful book and I can't deny that by any means. It jumps straight into the story and even though it can be slightly confusing at first because you have to remember all the various names, various political and military positions, places, and such, it definitely keeps one interested. Askia is a wonderful character who tries to do her best and who thinks things through. She is fiercely loyal, especially to her people as well. I loved reading her story and I loved how I wasn't constantly getting annoyed because her decisions seemed frivolous or stupid. At one point she says, "I might not be beautiful, I thought. But I am strong." I think that this quote shows the real strength of her character and was my favorite quote from the book overall.

The system of magic seems wonderful and isn't to excessive or convoluted, which I personally adored. And Askia's relationship with her closest friend, Illya, that is something that I need to see the outcome of because honestly the pull there is strong and heart warming.

Kelly overall writes wonderfully and knows her pacing quite well. This book was one were you wanted to keep reading and don't want to stop. One that you could very well binge in one day because the twists and turns are well paced and interesting, to say the least. The ending is just the right amount of dramatic, in part I believe because of build up and the fact that it wasn't just something random and didn't feel rushed or thrown in.

In conclusion, I loved this book to a great degree and I will be putting the next novel on my to buy list and will be impatiently awaiting its release!! ( )
  marple21 | Dec 3, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,504,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible