The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story…

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name (2007)

by Sally Lloyd-Jones, Jago (Illustrator)

If you have kids, this is a phenomenal resource. It's a wonderful overview of the Bible and the Christ of the Bible. ( )
  bartbox | Jun 15, 2017 |
Basically the best children's Bible we found. Well illustrated and Jesus-focused, only slightly preachy in tone. If you read one Bible for little kids, this is the one. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
this appears to be aimed at children between the age of 3years to 5 years but appeals to old children as well, especially with the audio CD. ( )
  michellehewitt | Aug 31, 2016 |
I looooove the illustrations in this book. Jago's people aren't my favorite, but the landscapes and everything else are just beautiful. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
This is a collection of Bible stories retold in such a way as to highlight how they point to great truths about Jesus. We found it particularly helpful for the Old Testament where it is sometimes difficult to put simply how a story points forward to the New Testament. I actually found it quite helpful for myself too, to go back to basics, so to speak. Once again, the illustrations are bright and colourful, and the stories are accurate and engaging. ( )
  eclecticdodo | Dec 17, 2015 |

Sally Lloyd-Jonesprimary authorall editionscalculated
JagoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Harry, Olivia, Emily, Eleanor and Jonathan /
Because the Fairy Tale really does come true! /
SLJ
For Alex, my lovely wife, without whose help I could never have completed such an enormous book. / Jago
God wrote, "I love you" -- he wrote it in the sky, and on the earth, and under the sea.
Every story whispers his name.
...a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.

The Moonbeam Award Gold Medal Winner in the religion category, The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the Story beneath all the stories in the Bible. At the center of the Story is a baby, the child upon whom everything will depend. Every story whispers his name. From Noah to Moses to the great King David---every story points to him. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle---the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together. From the Old Testament through the New Testament, as the Story unfolds, children will pick up the clues and piece together the puzzle. A Bible like no other, The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to join in the greatest of all adventures, to discover for themselves that Jesus is at the center of God's great story of salvation---and at the center of their Story too.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:23 -0400)

Summary: Retellings of Bible stories from the Old and New Testaments.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible