Kingdom Hearts II, Volume 1 by Shiro Amano

I've been reading manga all day, and I gotta say, I LOVE this manga. :) One of my favorites. ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |
Roxas is in a town with friends, but something is wrong. When he was about to be thrown in a weird hole, he summons his keyblade and manages to save himself. Later he fights in a stuggle contest, but something is going on as well... ( )
  7B_godofdeath | May 30, 2009 |
Although I don't play video games the Kingdom Hearts theme is always one I've been enamored of and was happy to find a manga rendition of the story a few years back. Unfortunately it was not a series I felt inclined to keep up with at that time, mainly due to the Westernized format and dense imagery. When I found this more traditional style and more cleanly drawn TokyoPop manga at my son's Scholastic book fair yesterday I was delighted by it.

This particular story takes place after the events in the Chain of Memories game which I know nothing about. Over the last couple months my sons both went on a spree of playing the original Kingdom Hearts game, but we don't have the second one. In spite of my cluelessness of the events leading up to this volume, I still found this manga very interesting. Here we meet a totally new character in Roxas who appears to be channeling Sora in dreams. Soon Roxas finds himself wondering what part of his reality is dream and what part is actually real. I find this ambiguous plot line fascinating. I was a little disappointed that more of the other Disney characters (i.e. Donald, Goofy and so on) didn't make an appearance but it certainly didn't deter me from enjoying the story. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | May 9, 2009 |

Shiro Amanoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Amano, Shiromain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

In the quiet little hamlet of Twilight Town, there lives a boy named Roxas. He and his friends Hayner, Pence and Olette are trying to enjoy their final days of summer vacation, when strange things begin to happen. First the group is accused of stealing photos, and then they are attacked by bizarre, white creatures. But the oddest occurrences are the recurring dreams Roxas has of a boy named Sora, and a girl named Namine.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible