The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance…

The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life

by Daniel G. Amen M.D.

Interesting, but I wonder...
Recently there have been stories about using oxytocin spray to heal broken relationships. Hmm. It could work, I suppose, but it think doing a load of laundry might be better overall. Or perhaps just touching one another.
This book talks about brain chemicals and how they affect emotions. Since we understand so very little about the brain anyway (hey, I have MS and they have no idea how to work with that), and the medications they use for depression and other brain disorders work in unpredictable and undefined ways and also seem to really mess with so many other things, I found the good doctor's recommendations a bit scary.
I love reading about the brain. I hate the idea that taking a pill that alters brain chemistry is the solution to everything. ( )
  Dabble58 | Jan 1, 2014 |
Originally published as Sex on the Brain.

“The vast majority of love and sex occurs in the brain. Your brain decides who is attractive to you, how to get a date, how well you do on the date, what to do with the feelings that develop, how long those feelings last, when to commit, and how well you do as a partner and a parent. Your brain helps you be enthusiastic in the bedroom or drains you of desire and passion. Your brain helps you process and learn from a breakup or makes you vulnerable to depression or obsession.”

While plastic surgeons, diet gurus, and the pharmaceutical industry may have convinced you that they hold the secret to a fulfilling sex life, the truth is that you already have the only thing you really need: a brain. As the largest and most sensitive sexual organ in the body, a healthy human brain enhances your sex life and heightens sensation. A troubled brain, however, makes emotional and physical connection with others difficult. So forget the implants, the fad diets, and the pills. Learning about this intriguing and sexy organ is the key to your sexual satisfaction.

Based on Dr. Daniel Amen’s latest research in practical neuroscience, Sex on the Brain shares 12 lessons that help you enhance your love and sex lives through understanding and improving brain function. Filled with practical suggestions and information on how sex can save your life, Sex on the Brain reveals:

• How sex helps prevent heart disease, improve memory, stave off cancer, and boost your immune system
• How the differences between men’s and women’s brains affect our perceptions and interest in sex—and how you can understand these differences to make the most of the opportunities with your partner
• Why breakups hurt so much, and what you can do to ease the pain
• Surefire techniques to fix common problems—depression, PMS, ADD—that get in the way of good sex
• How to make yourself unforgettable to your partner

Everyone wants to know how to improve his or her love life, but so few of us understand the integral role that the brain plays in getting us in the mood, keeping us excited about our partner, and helping us achieve greater satisfaction. Sex on the Brain explains everything, showing you how use your brain to create a healthy, happy, and hot sex life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:19 -0400)

Twelve lessons that help enhance love and sex lives through understanding and improving brain function.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,012,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible