Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice by Roxanna…

Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice

by Roxanna Matthews

Series: Sanna (1)

621,268,033 (4)None
2011 (1) B12/19/06 (1) CC (1) children/ya (1) ebook (1) fantasy (4) indie (1) knitting (1) magic (1) paranormal (1) read (1) series (1) witches (1) young adult (1)

I love Sanna!

Sanna has all of my favorite things - knitting, magic, witches, young adult, fantasy, & in a vaguely historical setting. Author Roxie is a knitter, and you can tell this in the book, from how Sanna fixes injuries by "knitting" the bones (love the pun), to knitting magical self-heating socks & mittens to keep a friend warm. Sanna & her classmates are a bunch of girls, just out to have a good time, who are just happening to attend a magical school.

There's a bit of a mystery, there's a bit of romance, but all in all it's just a good fast read.

I only have one negative about the book, which isn't really a negative at all. I felt a couple of parts - especially the ending - were written a little abrumptly for my tastes, but I think it's more written for young adults, which of course, this book is. As an adult reader, I would love liked to have seen those parts a little more fleshed out, but I completely understand why Roxie wrote those parts the way she did.

I was thrilled to pieces to find out that there is another book in the series, too! ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,757,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible