Self-Meditation by Barbara Ann Kipfer

Self-Meditation

by Barbara Ann Kipfer

This is a beautiful little book designed for dipping into and reminding yourself of what life is all about. I refer to it every day and always find something to make me smile and make sense of it all. ( )
  summersun | Feb 27, 2007 |

Don’t self-medicate—self-meditate. In a book of thousands of entries, written in the abundant, winningly positive way that’s helped her books sell over 1.5 million copies, Barbara Ann Kipfer shows just how we can—and should—meditate anytime, anywhere, and reap the evergrowing list of benefits associated with this practice.

Created by the author who brought us 14,000 Things to Be Happy About, Instant Karma, 8,789 Words of Wisdom, and The Wish List, SELF MEDITATION is a compulsive, instantly accessible list of hundreds and hundreds of meditation practices that can be done during the course of our daily lives. You don’t need to go to a mountain retreat, renounce meat, or walk through coals on the soles of your feet—here’s a meditation to have with a cup of tea. A waiting-in-line meditation. Meditations while reading, eating, doing sit-ups, working, shopping, or finding yourself stuck in a traffic jam (especially while stuck in a traffic jam). There are breaths to take and praises to give, and throughout, ways to slow down and finally smell the roses—or hear the crickets—or see the stars. Drawn from spiritual practices as varied as Zen, yoga, Sufism, and insight meditation, it’s a delicious spiritual tonic that includes meditation basics, mantras and koans, tips, and more. A completely portable guide, so that at any moment of the day or night, we can all catch our inner breath.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:36 -0400)

Don't self-medicate-self-meditate. In a book of thousands of entries, written in the abundant, winningly positive way that's helped her books sell over 1.5 million copies, Barbara Ann Kipfer shows just how we can-and should-meditate anytime, anywhere, and reap the evergrowing list of benefits associated with this practice. Created by the author who brought us 14,000 Things to Be Happy About, Instant Karma, 8,789 Words of Wisdom, and The Wish List, SELF MEDITATION is a compulsive, instantly accessible list of hundreds and hundreds of meditation practices that can be done during the course of our daily lives. You don't need to go to a mountain retreat, renounce meat, or walk through coals on the soles of your feet-here's a meditation to have with a cup of tea. A waiting-in-line meditation. Meditations while reading, eating, doing sit-ups, working, shopping, or finding yourself stuck in a traffic jam (especially while stuck in a traffic jam). There are breaths to take and praises to give, and throughout, ways to slow down and finally smell the roses-or hear the crickets-or see the stars. Drawn from spiritual practices as varied as Zen, yoga, Sufism, and insight meditation, it's a delicious spiritual tonic that includes meditation basics, mantras and koans, tips, and more. A completely portable guide, so that at any moment of the day or night, we can all catch our inner breath.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,434,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible