Formula: Father by Karen Hughes

Formula: Father

by Karen Hughes

Series: Maitland Maternity (7)

251428,870 (3)None

This one looked like it may be good so I picked it up and of course got started on it. I wish I had the other books from the beginning of the series since there is definitely a bunch of the plot that you are missing without being given an update when starting in on the middle of the series.

At times I found this book slow and it kind of dragged through a bunch of the storyline. The main characters Darcy and Mitch were both repetitive, hesitant, both waiting for something and not getting what they want. One was highly set-up but pleasant and the other was mostly trapped in the past so flip-flopping.

The other thing is that there was another story that was following along within this story that seemed more interesting so I am guessing one of the next books would tell that even more than the tidbit offered here. But I wish it had been explored a bit more in this one.

And the author did a great job in telling a lesson towards the end of the book that the heroine finally found out. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for any other Maitland Maternity books. ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 26, 2015 |

Karen Hughesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Leigh, Jomain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Darcy Taylor pulled the brim of her baseball cap down, so far, in fact, that the blue bill touched the top of her sunglasses.
Karen Hughes is a multi-author pseudonym. Jo Leigh is the author of this book.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible