I Was a Teenage Fascist by David Greason

I Was a Teenage Fascist

by David Greason

101880,191 (4)None

At times "I was a Teenage Fascist" read like a far-right wing version of the best selling "He Died With a Felafel in His Hand", with Greason and his fellow slacker fascists living in a string of dodgy accommodations, discussing the overthrow of democracy in Australia and replacing it with a fascist dictatorship.

For someone who was a teenage fascist, Greason comes across as a likeable character (although we're only hearing his side of the story), and we tend to look on happily as he meets everyone mentioned in "Everyone wants to be Fuhrer", the seminal tome on post-war fascism in Australia, and forget that he was involved in founding National Action, one of Australia's leading far right groups.

Greason says he is now cleansed of his fascist leanings, so all his actions can be seen as the mistakes of a clueless young man. At least, you hope they are. ( )
  MiaCulpa | Mar 9, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible