I Predict a Riot by Colin Bateman

I Predict a Riot

by Colin Bateman

This was a very well narrated book, but unfortunately one that became rather tedious as we follow the fortunes of a group of characters, mostly hapless, around Belfast.

People try to follow their dreams and keep getting more and more tangled up in messes, mostly of their own making.

Many stories are intermingled and by the end of the book you find out how most of the people are related in some way or other, which gives the idea about what small society the city actually is.

When you start to keep checking to see how much longer you have to go before you finish a book, the book has missed its mark.

quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
I loved this book - way funny and as another reviewer mentioned, very educational. ( )
  amobogio | Sep 27, 2013 |
I love the storyline about carrot cake love it!!! ( )
  EuanTheBoy97 | Sep 7, 2010 |
Hilarious book and educational--learned about gravy rings and boaking. I have used this knowledge to impress people. ( )
  FLATUSOFLANNEL | Jul 16, 2010 |
Funny, well written and suspenseful. An excellent murder based in Northern Ireland in and around Belfast, the author writes of the trials and troubles of several characters who all become entangles in the "post-troubles" era of Northern Ireland. ( )
  maunder | Mar 6, 2008 |
For Andrea and Matthew. For Austin Hunter and everyone at the Ulster News Letter without whom this would not exist. For my Christian name, gone but not forgotten.

CRIME & MYSTERY FICTION. Bateman's back with a fast-paced, unforgettable story of murder, intrigue and reincarnation on the streets of Belfast. Walter has a rubbish job but so has Margaret, a security guard at Primark, and when they meet through a dating agency, neither is who they seem. Margaret's married for a start and Walter's encounter with her husband Billy leaves him black and blue. Billy's a dodgy accountant for politician and racketeer Pink Harrison, who is about to come unstuck. Superintendent James Mallow, CID, is determined to nail Pink. Meanwhile Redmond O'Boyle, professional terrorist and occasional birdwatcher, is languishing in a Colombian jail and his only way out is to kill himself and trust in reincarnation.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,402,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible