Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Hazard Analysis Techniques for System Safety
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471720194, Hardcover)A practical guide to identifying hazards using common hazard analysis techniques
Many different hazard analysis techniques have been developed over the past forty years. However, there is only a handful of techniques that safety analysts actually apply in their daily work. Written by a former president of the System Safety Society and winner of the Boeing Achievement and Apollo Awards for his safety analysis work, Hazard Analysis Techniques for System Safety explains, in detail, how to perform the most commonly used hazard analysis techniques employed by the system safety engineering discipline.
Focusing on the twenty-two most commonly used hazard analysis methodologies in the system safety discipline, author Clifton Ericson outlines the three components that comprise a hazard and describes how to use these components to recognize a hazard during analysis. He then examines each technique in sufficient detail and with numerous illustrations and examples, to enable the reader to easily understand and perform the analysis.
Techniques covered include:
* Preliminary Hazard List (PHL) Analysis
* Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
* Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA)
* System Hazard Analysis (SHA)
* Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA)
* Health Hazard Assessment (HHA)
* Safety Requirements/Criteria Analysis (SRCA)
* Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
* Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Fault Hazard Analysis
* Functional Hazard Analysis
* Sneak Circuit Analysis (SCA)
* Petri Net Analysis (PNA)
* Markov Analysis (MA)
* Barrier Analysis (BA)
* Bent Pin Analysis (BPA)
* HAZOP Analysis
* Cause Consequence Analysis (CCA)
* Common Cause Failure Analysis (CCFA)
* MORT Analysis
* Software Safety Assessment (SWSA)
Written to be accessible to readers with a minimal amount of technical background, Hazard Analysis Techniques for System Safety gathers, for the first time in one source, the techniques that safety analysts actually apply in daily practice. Both new and seasoned analysts will find this book an invaluable resource for designing and constructing safe systems-- in short, for saving lives.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:09 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.