The Wizard of Boland by BB

The Wizard of Boland

by BB

Series: Boland (2)

202515,329 (3.88)2

Dutch (1)  English (1)  All (2)
Picked up at a BookCrossing meet-up. I remember enjoying this book a lot when I was younger. When I flicked through it at the meet-up and saw the picture of the cowzie, I couldn't resist taking it home with me for a re-read.

Really - it was most annoying. Nearly all these recipes demanded Dragon's Blood. Perhaps that was why so many of his spells were so ineffective - one just couldn't get the stuff these days. One had to make shift with newts, frogs, efts, toads, bats, and snakes.

A goose girl and an incompetent and unpleasant wizard get lost in the forest, and gnome miners disturb something that has been asleep under the ground for hundreds of years.

When I picked up this book, I thought I had misremembered the title, since I could have sworn that it was called "The Forest of Boland", and wasn't there something about trains too? When I started reading it I realised that this book was actually a sequel to the one I had read, which was called "The Forest of Boland Light Railway". And now that I've finished, I'm not sure whether I've read it before or not. ( )
  isabelx | Feb 4, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible