Clifford Grows Up by Norman Bridwell

I liked this story for three reasons. First, I liked the story line of Clifford Grows Up. The story is about a small red puppy that grows up into a red dog. The story help’s children understand the true meaning of loving your pets. The book was uniquely designed as a photo album that takes you through the adventures that Emily (the main character) and Clifford go on. For example, Clifford plays in an electric toy car, goes into a dollhouse, plays in the snow, and goes to the park to chase birds. Next, I really liked how the book teachers children about the responsibility of having a dog. “ But I had to be careful when I played with Clifford. And when he began to eat dog food, I had to watch him all the time.” This shows young readers that it takes a lot of responsibility to care for a dog. Lastly, the illustrations were great within the story. Each illustration was very colorful and were very similar to pictures you would find in a photo album. Overall, the main idea of this book is how loving dogs are. ( )
  fwaldm1 | Apr 16, 2014 |
We see many pictures of Clifford getting in trouble not for being too big, but because he’s too small. He’s so tiny he likes to hide in the dollhouse and is always getting lost. In the last few pictures, Clifford finally gets bigger. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Nov 4, 2006 |

In this storybook designed as a photo album, readers watch Clifford the Small Red Puppy grow up into the Big Red Dog they know and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:06 -0400)

As she looks through a photo album, Emily Elizabeth reminisces about Clifford's puppyhood.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible