Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Parkinson's Disease: The Complete Guide for Patients and Caregivers
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671768190, Paperback)Personal, accessible, informative
A guide for Parkinson patients and their caregivers that addresses the body and the spirit
Written by an expert team of health-care professionals-including a neurologist, a social worker, a nurse practitioner, a physical therapist, and an attorney/financial planner-this guide takes every aspect of living with chronic degenerative illness into consideration.
You will find the answers to your most urgent questions:
* How can I overcome the functional limitations of Parkinson's disease?
* What are the pros and cons of various medications commonly used to treat Parkinson's?
* Why is it important to stay fit and eat right despite the limits Parkinson's disease may put on my body?
* What are some of the breakthroughs in alternative treatments?
* What can I do to better cope with the psychological and emotional issues inherent in living with Parkinson's?
* As a caregiver, how can I best juggle a program of care for a loved one and still find time for myself?
* What insurance options and other forms of financial aid are available and how can one protect one's assets and life savings from long-term illness?
Parkinson's Disease, which features an A to Z Guide to Symptoms and Side Effects and a state-by-state Resource Guide, will help you and your family succeed in your struggle to lead an easier and more fulfilling life.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:41 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.