Serial Killers by Brian Innes

Serial Killers (2006)

by Brian Innes

Remind me not to read books like this just before I go to bed. I found myself waking up in the middle of the night after having nightmares about murderers!
Some of the crimes made for very uncomfortable reading as there is quite a lot of grisly details. But I think it was the photos in this book that creeped me out the most, there is a photo of each serial killer, sometimes ordinary looking family snapshots. Just makes you realise how good some criminals are at acting 'normal'.

This was a good introductory book about serial killers. It contains details of their crimes and victims, how they were caught and what their punishment was. I already knew a lot of the facts about the most famous serial killers, having read books about them before, but this book also contains some less well-known murderers. After reading this there are now a few more murderers that I'd like to read more about.

One thing about this book that really annoyed me was that there were grey boxes scattered on the pages containing extra information, which wouldn't normally bother me, but they were always in really odd places and I found myself having to flick pages backwards and forwards to read things in a sensible order.

This book is a good starting point for learning about serial killers, but there are plenty of other books out there with more in-depth information. ( )
  26kathryn | Jul 16, 2013 |
Not just a list of horrid crimes, but sidebar examinations of theories, profiling, and various other topics of interest that shed a little brighter light on these dark deeds and dark people. ( )
  MerryMary | Mar 20, 2007 |
Introduction: History is full of tales of mass murder, both political and domestic.
The most notorious of all serial killers, without doubt, is the person who became known as "Jack the Ripper."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,649,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible