Twelve by Lauren Myracle

This book is about a girl named Winnie who is just turning twelve, Dinah her best friend and a new best friend named Cinnamon. On Winnie's birthday she gets to pull out all the stops. In the middle of the book it is graduation day for Winnie and her friends. They are graduating from middle school to Jr. High.They have to think about a new school to go to. Ther is this boy Winnie likes and his name is Lars. Lars secretly likes Winnie but she doesn't know.

I liked this book because it was very interesting about what girls think about during the day.It tells you about making friends and not judging people on how they look or act. It also talked about what happens on birthdays. So I looked back on what happened on my birthday.This book talked about the beginning of women hood. This book also talked about boyfriends. It talked about making promises and keeping them and not telling anyone. ( )
  ChloeB.G1 | Apr 21, 2015 |
This book brings to mind everything that I have ever heard about, Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret? by Judy Blume. It is a coming of age book through the eyes and drama of a seventh grade/12 year old girl. It makes fresh all of the worries of starting Jr High and wanting to be accepted and liked. From getting her period to finding out who her real friends are, Winnie is the typical twelve year old girl. Personally, I really enjoyed it and it has further encouraged me to read books by Judy Blume.

i would use this book and Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret as a book that kids could relate to. i think they could be used to get students to open up about some of the difficulties they face. I think it could also help them feel "normal". ( )
  AdrienneWood | Sep 12, 2013 |
Once you start reading you love the books and it makes you feel like your Winnie. ( )
  Eri89 | Sep 23, 2012 |
It's finally here! Winnie has turned twelve, and it's glorious. A best friend who's wonderful, Dinah, and no problems, even if Sandra is sassy most of the time. Unfortunately though, Winnie isn't a little girl anymore. The time has come for bras, talks, and some drama, all things Winnie was not expecting. Friends will grow, romance will bloom, and there will be fun for all, with hopefully as few tears shed as possible. Winnie Perry is twelve. And it's lovely.
This is definitely the most "coming of age" novel in The Winnie Years, and one of my favorites. I love how Winnie deals with everything new with such poise. Amanda comes back into the picture, and she really surprised me, and I think Winnie as well. Myracle wrote a wonderful novel, and one I think is a great "coming of age" story for girls that are twelve. ( )
  WillaRambles | Jun 4, 2011 |
JF, but ok for young YF. Funny, real family. Great narrator on audiobook, Jen Taylor, made me LOL in my car. ( )
  LynnSigman | Dec 8, 2010 |

Eleven was big. Winnie got a new best friend, and a new worst friend. But twelve is going to be huge. Last year everyone else changed, but now it’s Winnie’s turn to “develop.” Ack! Twelve is going to be a big year for Winnie, she just knows it. After all, she’s one step closer to being a teenager, but there’s just so much to deal with: pierced ears, sleepaway camp, junior high. . . .Can Winnie handle the pressure? And most important, can she handle bra shopping with Mom—in public?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:37 -0400)

Winnie relates the events of her twelth year and the many changes in her relationships and in her attitude toward growing up.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,923,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible