The Binna Binna Man by Meme McDonald

The Binna Binna Man (1999)

by Meme McDonald

312500,533 (3)None

(Reviewing from months' old memory) Sequel to My Girragundji, slightly more sober about social issues (not that the first wasn't about them too) and for slightly older readers. The scene of the car stuck on the hill, and the scene at the beach, particularly stick in my memory. ( )
  zeborah | Jun 5, 2013 |
I found this novel very difficult to read at first because it is written using aboriginal words and rhythm of speaking. For example "jalbu" is a word for wife or girlfriend. This is the story of a young man who travels north to attend a funeral and after the funeral, there is a big celebration and his cousin gets drunk and he has to go and rescue her in the dark, despite getting attention from a very attractive local young lady. The Binna Binna man is the bogey man that he has to watch out for. ( )
  nicsreads | Jun 14, 2007 |

The powerful story of an Aboriginal teenage boy who is caught between the attractions of city life and the ways of his people. After a terrifying encounter with the Binna Binna man he knows what he must do in order to be true to himself. From the authors of "My Girragundji". For ages 10 to 14.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,062,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible