Angels in America, Part Three: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes (1995)

by Tony Kushner

Series: Angels in America (Part 3)

A revised edition of one of the most influential plays of our time, published with a new foreword by the author.

A rich, rending look at faith, doubt, and the AIDS crisis in America. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |
One of the greatest plays in the American cannon. ( )
  caseybp | Nov 27, 2020 |
Yesterday morning, after mindlessly scrolling through all of my social media feeds for hundredth time, I felt disgusted with myself and the world but mostly myself. I needed a devotional. Church. (It was Sunday morning.) But nothing religious. I gave that up long ago. I went to my bookshelf and straight to the plays. Angels caught my eye. I hadn't read it since the 90s. My copy of Millennium opened to Act 2, and I just started reading. The house was quiet; only the critters and I were up yet. I read to then end of Act 2, then went back to beginning, read through the end of Part 1 and onto Perestroika. My devotional turned into an all-day revival meeting. Just what my sorry soul needed.

"Greetings, Prophet!
The Great Work Begins:
The Messenger has arrived."
- Millennium Approaches, Act Three, Scene Seven

revafisheye | Jan 10, 2020 |
An extremely engaging and personal read. I was very impressed with what Kushner had to offer as a playwright and that he went the extra mile in this work. Not perfect, in my opinion, but an incredibly well done job. ( )
  DanielSTJ | Dec 17, 2018 |
astonishing ( )
  haarpsichord | Nov 5, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Please combine only complete works of part I (Millennium Approaches) and part II (Perestroika) here.

Also, this work is for the text. Do not combine with the film adaptation, which is considered a separate "work" for LT purposes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,865,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible