Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

We Divided Us, But We Can Fix It: A…

We Divided Us, But We Can Fix It: A children's story for every… (edition 2020)

by Sean Carney (Author)

116,174,745 (3)None
Member:eo206
Title:We Divided Us, But We Can Fix It: A children's story for every American. (Teddy Turple)
Authors:Sean Carney (Author)
Info:Bull & Brain Creative (2020), 35 pages
Rating:***
Tags:election, politics, children's, illustrated, political, republicans, democrats, picture book, family, little free library, 2020 election, conflict, social emotional, social studies, voting, vote

We Divided Us, But We Can Fix It: A children's story for every American. (Teddy Turple) by Sean Carney

Recently added byeo206

I picked up this book from a Little Free Library, and I'm glad I did. I read it tonight to my elementary school-age child and it was a nice introduction into politics, especially as the 2020 presidential election is happening.

The story follows a boy Teddy Turple, who narrates what it is like to live through politics he's trying to make sense of. People around him are yelling about being Redpublicans or Bluemocrats. As he's trying to make sense of this, he's also remembering his own lessons about getting along and it is ok to be different. Teddy Turple reminds people to be civil, and not to cuss. He talks about how we have common goals and to focus on those.

It is a nice companion book to add to a collection for conversations about elections and politics. ( )
  eo206 | Oct 17, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,607,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible