Heaven for Kids by Randy Alcorn

Heaven for Kids

by Randy Alcorn

191261,769 (4.17)None

Even though this book is written for kids, I as an adult found it very interesting and appreciated the simple, yet biblical answers this author gives to many questions kid's (and adults) have about heaven. He definitely has a gift of writing to all ages.
I enjoyed the first part of the book best and also loved that he incorporated the easy to understand gospel message at the end. I am thinking about giving this as gifts to my grandchildren as they get a little older. ( )
  judyg54 | Jan 28, 2016 |
Alcorn's book on Heaven but spoken toward children. Many reviews negatively referenced the amount of speculative material in the original book. If it was off-putting there, it will be no less disagreeable here. I found the speculative material to be food for thought and areas for opening discussions with my children. The book is kid-friendly in language and style.

I have a problem with it referencing too many other books to make its point - esp. C. S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles. Not only do I have to explain difficult text, I have to explain the Narnia stuff, too. Eventually, I just read ahead and paraphrased everything. When my kids are a little older, they can do the Narnia books. This book will go on the kid's shelf so they can get to it easily and look up answers or speculations. ( )
  Hae-Yu | Jul 2, 2015 |

Question-and-answer format discusses topics that kids wonder about, as well as questions they haven't even thought of yet.

Randy Alcorn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible