Gregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne…

Gregor and the Marks of Secret (2006)

by Suzanne Collins

The Underland Chronicles continues its compelling story. This one is set apart from it's predecessors as it doesn't follow a quest. Instead it finds Gregor and his family in everyday interaction with the Underland, only falling into adventure to solve mysteries that crop up eventually leading to war between the Underland humans and the rats. The story continues to grow dark with imagery reminiscent of the Nazi Holocaust and the killing fields of Pol Pot. This book is also essentially a two-parter leading right into the final book Gregor and the Code of the Claw. ( )
  Othemts | Feb 4, 2014 |
An excellent reading for the series. Much more fun to listen to than to read on ones own.
  StefanieGeeks | Apr 5, 2013 |
This series is starting to be tinged with sadness, but the storyline has me hooked. The kids are growing up, and learning the sad truths about war and death. I enjoyed reading this.

I can't get the next audiobook online, but have ordered it thru the library. ( )
  purlewe | Apr 1, 2013 |
The penultimate book in the Underland chronicles, and this suffers a bit from Penultimate Book syndrome--the plot slows down a bit to set up everything that will happen in the last book. Still, it's an exciting, fast-paced book, lots of action sequences and character/team building. Also, this book just ends, with no resolution--I'm not totally sure it's supposed to or if my ipod ate a track that might have involved the words "This is the end of Book 4."

Even when I try to get away from reading books about the holocaust (I've been working on a cheery booklist for the 8th grade), I still end up reading a holocaust book. Poor little nibblers. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 31, 2013 |
This is the 4th book in the Gregor the Overlander series. I've been listening to these on audio, and Book #3 was so exciting that I had to go right on to Book #4. This is another good entry in the series, with adventure and danger around every corner. Gregor is growing into his role as the Warrior, and Luxa is getting used to being the Queen. As the pressure mounts and war becomes increasingly likely, their friendship becomes somewhat strained. But in the end, they are united against a common enemy. While this book was good, much of it was dedicated to laying the groundwork for the final book in the series, #5. I've really come to like these characters, and can't wait to see how the series wraps up. ( )
  porch_reader | Nov 13, 2012 |

Follow Gregor in the next highly anticipated adventure in Suzanne Collins' masterful Underland Chronicles!

It's only a few months since Gregor and Boots returned from the Underland, leaving their mother behind to heal from the plague. Though Gregor's family receives frequent updates on her condition, they all know Gregor must return to fulfill his role as the warrior who is key to the Underlanders' survival. Accompanied by his now-talkative little sister Boots, still considered the honorary "princess," Gregor joins forces with another princess--12-year-old Luxa--and Ripred the rat to defend the Underlanders and the vulnerable "Nibblers," or mice, from the rat army.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:41 -0400)

Twelve-year-old Gregor returns to the world beneath New York City, where he joins forces with Princess Luxa and Ripred the rat to defend the Underlanders and the Nibblers from the army led by the adolescent rat king, the Bane.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,691,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible