Een kat tussen de duiven by Agatha Christie

Een kat tussen de duiven (original 1959; edition 1990)

by Agatha Christie

Member:vvstokkom
Title:Een kat tussen de duiven
Authors:Agatha Christie
Info:Amsterdam Luitingh-Sijthoff cop. 1990
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:Detective

Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie (1959)

Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie (Porua)
    Porua: Just as Cat among the Pigeons is set at a girls' school, Hickory Dickory Dock is set at a hostel for students. Those who have enjoyed the atmosphere of carefree school days of Cat among the Pigeons, will also enjoy the ups and downs in the lives of the young (if slightly older) students living at the hostel in Hickory Dickory Dock.… (more)

English (35)  Danish (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (41)
The murder of the (in American terms) gym teacher at an exclusive British girls' school is linked to the valuable package of gems dispatched by a Middle Eastern rule just before he died during a revolutuib, and also to intrigues over the succession to the retiring head of the school itself. The final choice is a little subversive by the standards of the time. ( )
  antiquary | Oct 21, 2014 |
I think Christie does better at country-house murders than at spy stuff like this. It still held my interest, though. I'm unsure whether I admire her misdirection, or am annoyed by it. ( )
  AmphipodGirl | Oct 14, 2014 |
The political intrigue bit of the book was interesting but the actual murder mystery at the girls' school was rather obvious. ( )
  pussreboots | Sep 19, 2014 |
I haven't read any Agatha Christie in a long while. Either I don't like her as much as I used to or this wasn't one of her better books. A Hercule Poirot, but he doesn't show up until about 3/4 of the way through. Okay, but just not that good a plot. Meh. ( )
  AliceAnna | Aug 10, 2014 |
Even though I read this one before, I did not remember the ending. I am usually good at detection, but this one totally threw me off. Dame Agatha is the best! Hercule Poirot rules! ( )
  LadyoftheLodge | May 7, 2014 |

Agatha Christieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Christensen, JanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Laine, Anna-LiisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Stella and Larry Kirwan
It was the opening day of the summer term at Meadowbank school.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425205967, Mass Market Paperback)

The new-look series of Hercule Poirot books for the 21st century. Late one night, two teachers investigate a mysterious flashing light in the sports pavilion, while the rest of the school sleeps. There, among the lacrosse sticks, they stumble upon the body of the unpopular games mistress - shot through the heart from point blank range. The school is thrown into chaos when the 'cat' strikes again. Unfortunately, schoolgirl Julia Upjohn knows too much. In particular, she knows that without Hercule Poirot's help, she will be the next victim -

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:49 -0400)

Late one night, two teachers investigate a mysterious flashing light in the sports pavilion, while the rest of the school sleeps. There, among the lacrosse sticks, they stumble upon the body of the unpopular games mistress - shot through the heart from point blank range. The school is thrown into chaos when the 'cat' strikes again. Unfortunately, schoolgirl Julia Updike knows too much. In particular, she knows that without Hercule Poirot's help, she will be the next victim.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,038,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible