A Murder Among Friends by Ramona Richards

A Murder Among Friends

by Ramona Richards

15None647,891 (4.5)None

No reviews
I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends.
       ---John 15:11-14
Special thanks:

To Nancy Zottos who opened up New Hampshire to me.

To all my friends who made it possible for me to go out on my own, especially Sunny, Phyllis, Jeff, Marcheta, Jamie, Teri, Marilee---and Pat, who introduced me to the real Ciotka Cookie.

To Carol Lynn Stewart, Corbette Doyle and Terra Manasco, my fellow struggling writers and critique partners. Thanks for pushing me ever harder.

To K, the one who---from the first "A" to the latest "Z"---has offered me the most hope-filled inspiration and encouragement.

Finally, to my mom, Jimmie Lou Pope, who has read every word, amazed and thrilled and sometimes puzzled that her daughter could write like that.

Special praise:

To God and His astonishingly glorious Son. I took it to heart when someone once told me. "Your talent is your gift from God. What you do with it is your gift to Him."

I couldn't do it without You.
Autumn looks like death, sometimes, with the bloodred leaves fading to burgundy and finally to rust and brown. Maggie Weston thought about such death as she stared steadfastly out the window at the swirl of leaves, despite the rumble of a male voice that sounded behind her.
    "Maggie."
    Go away. Maggie crossed her arms tightly as she continued to focus on the bright colors of the New Hampshire fall landscape. The back wall of the A-frame lodge house was almost entirely glass, spreading the scene before her in a cheery panorama. The trees were brilliantly dappled in the rich sunlight, but all Maggie could see was death. Death in the trees. In her heart. On her back steps. Help us, Lord, she prayed silently. Help me.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373442327, Mass Market Paperback)

The death of bestselling author Aaron Jackson turned Maggie Weston's world inside out. The manager of Jackson's Writers Retreat, Maggie knew a murderer hid among her colleagues and friends. Was it actress Lily Dunne, target of a stalker's obsession? Lily's writer husband, struggling to make a name for himself? Money-loving Korie, Aaron's wife? Or someone else?

Maggie herself stood to inherit from Aaron's estate. As former New York City cop Fletcher MacAllister piled up evidence against Maggie, only faith kept her strong. And Fletcher needed to rekindle his own faith in time to prevent the killer from claiming another victim.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:29 -0400)

A former cop finds his faith must be rekindled when he investigates a death at a writer's retreat. Is the manager of the retreat a messenger of God's mercy-- or is she a figure of darkest vengeance?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible