Spiriting Around: A Modern Guide to Finding…

Spiriting Around: A Modern Guide to Finding Yourself

by Martin "Mark" Tomback

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byMarkTomback, GeniusJen, fritterfae

No tags.

Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Although SPIRITING AROUND is written as a spiritual guide for teens, the knowledge it holds is perfect for any teen, whether or not they're a person of faith. Filled with practical guidelines for getting through life, this book focuses on being patient and persistent, and working towards being the best person you can possibly be.

The book contains six main chapters: Start Here; The Reason Why; Money; Love; Conflicts & Controversies; and The Expedition Continues.

Each chapter is laid out in an easy-to-read style that contains the author's thoughts, practical wisdom, biblical advice, and actual facts and figures. Each chapter also ends with pointed thoughts to encourage discussion and personal contemplation on what you've read. From figuring out the difference between what you need and what you want, and how to discover your own personal identity, SPIRITING AROUND can help any teen navigate their way through adolescence.

One of my personal favorites in the book are the sensible questions for developing friendships. The author puts forth some interesting concepts in learning how to develop friendships that are both fundamental and healthy.

Does this person have the same interests I do?
Do we have similar outlooks on life?
Do we share similar values?
Can I trust this person to accept me when I reveal my doubts and desires?
Are we both being honest?
Do they appreciate me?
Do they respect me as well as value me?
Are they interested in my thoughts on things?
Are they interested in my welfare?
Am I interested in theirs?
Do I respect them?

Regardless of your personal religious beliefs, this is a guidebook for life that every teen will find instructive and valuable. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |

This is a book on practical spirituality. It's not another sea-foam-on-the-beach type book. Its theme is that life's too hard but gets easier when we accept spiritual responsibility. It was written with teens in mind but it's really for anyone. It's a guidebook for growing up. And who couldn't use that - at any age? It describes work and responsible ways to make money. Then love, sex, marriage, friendship, and love for God, all from a spiritual standpoint. Then a unique chapter explains the paradoxes life forces on us as we make the decisions that frame our values. And the last chapter comes full circle and describes God, our future in the world, and what we can do about it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,767,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible