Believe In Me (Croyants des Trois) by…

Believe In Me (Croyants des Trois)

by Jessica Barksdale Inclan

This book was not really my "cup of tea". I did make a true attempt to read and finish the book, unfortunately I really couldn't get in to the story. Although the characters were interesting I found them to be dry and sometimes a bit monotone. I do have another of Inclan's books and do plan to try and read it to give this author and series a second chance. ( )
  taanderson | Jan 9, 2011 |
Intrigue, magic, ultimate villain, beautiful protagonists - Believe in Me, by Jessica Incla, is fun paranormal romance - a nice escape during a stormy day when it's better to just stay inside and read! I enjoyed the main characters immensely - they may have been perfect looking but they had flaws they needed to grow though- as well as all of the secondary characters, each one with an important part in the story. It's the third book in a series about a magical clan called the Croyants des Trois (and I'm already looking to find the first two to read next!) Even without having read the previous novels, the author gives a real sense to the family and community that these two Croyant (magical) people belong . The plot is tight and moves along at a great pace - the ending has at least one aspect that is quite clever and unexpected. ( )
  MissReadsTooMuch | Oct 31, 2010 |
Sayblee and Felizx are both Croyant. They look like humans but they have magical powers and are sworn to protect humans. Though both are Croyant, they are as different as night and day. Sayblee is a straight arrow, smart, and a courageous fighter. Felix, also a fighter, is a playboy. Together they are part of a mission to take down Quain, a Croyant gone bad, interested only in consolidating Croyant powers to himself. Because at first they cannot use their magic, they are vulnerable to Quain and therein lies the first disaster of the mission.

Believe in Me is the third book in Jessica Inclan’s Croyant trilogy but can be read without having read the first two. The romance neatly intertwines with the mission. While they are linked by their passionate dreams, Sayblee and Felix work together seeking Quain’s followers and fighting against Quain himself.

I liked these characters and the way their understanding of each other and their love developed. Their connections with their families added to the emotional drama of the story. The battle with Quain was creatively resolved (but no spoilers from me!) I’m looking forward to reading the first two books in this series too.

I received this book through the Member Giveaway program from the author. ( )
  cee2 | Oct 27, 2010 |
Felix Valasay, a Croyant Sorcier, lives a playboy life. The youngest of three brothers who has yet to open himself up to love. He is less than thrilled when he is interupted during one of his hook ups to go on an important mission.

Sayblee Safipour, a Croyant Sorciere, has always struggled with her magic of fire. Magic that she is ashamed of. Constantly teased by Felix when they were children. Fire that is even harder to control in Felix's presence. The Croyant council insists that she is the one who has to go on an important mission with Felix to stop the enemy. An enemy who has taken her brother from her.

Quain is a powerful evil Croyant Sorcier who is trying to destroyed both the Croyant way of life and the Moyenne's, though who do not have magic. He will stop at nothing and will destroy anyone who is in his way.

In order to stop Quian felix and Sayblee go to Paris undercover as a Moyenne couple. They have to remain cut off from all of their magic. A life without magic is tough but even ignoring the growing attraction between them is worse. The day is filled with mundane ordinary work and spying but at night their dreams are filled with passion with each other. Dreams that they each keep from each other. Sayblee is convinced that there is an enemy in the apartment complex across from theirs. During investigating the possible threat they realize that they have not been completely shut off from magic as they thought, causing the enemy to close in on them. With Sayblee in the arms of the enemy Felix struggles with his feelings for her and the mission at hand.

A fast paced riveting story. Brimming with the knowledge that you can be loved for who you are ( )
  Altarasabine | Dec 10, 2009 |
I really enjoyed this book. I recieved it from the Member Giveaways and thought that I might have trouble with the story because it was the third book in the series and I had not read the first two books. Overall, I found that to not be an issue with this story. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a romance with a supernatural twist. ( )
  amber223 | Dec 4, 2009 |

For a Croyant, Felix Valasay lives a charmed life of blender drinks and pleasuring women, so he's less than thrilled to be interrupted mid-hookup by notorious Croyant straight arrow, Sayblee Safipour. If Felix is pleasure first, business later, Sayblee is business first, last, and always. She'd been the smart one in their magic classes, the one he couldn't impress, couldn't win over with a smile or a compliment or twelve, the one he'd wanted so desperately. Now he has the chance to wake up to her beautiful, calm face, to smell the sweetness of her skin, to be this close to those maddening curves. Lothario. Cad. Casanova. Sayblee doesn't need magic to find the right words to describe Felix Valasay. Figures she'd find him "entertaining" when they have important Council business to attend to--setting a trap in Paris for the most dangerous, powerful sorcier their world has ever known. To do that they will need to hide in plain sight, living together like an ordinary Moyenne couple, using no magic at all. Keeping her mind shut against the dark forces trying to find them is tough. But keeping Felix's hot body and make-you-melt smiles out of her thoughts is nearly impossible. And sometimes the only way to avoid temptation is to yield to it.… (more)

Jessica Barksdale Inclan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,566,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible