Don't Touch My Hat by James Rumford

Don't Touch My Hat

by James Rumford

A story that shows that it's about the love not the tangible. A sheriff who doesn't let anyone touch his hat accidentally takes his wife's hat on a day out and still realized that he was just as much of a hero in hers. Cute story, but not my favorite. ( )
  MeganSchneider2 | Apr 25, 2017 |
Don't touch my hat is about a Sheriff that thinks he is nothing without his hat. He lets everyone know not to touch his hat because it is his and his only. He would stop salon fights while wearing the hat, deliver ladies in distress, roundup rustlers and other things. Well one night he and his lady were going to bed and robbery and fights broke out. He grabbed "his" hat and went to rescuing people. In the end, he realized that he had grabbed his wife's hat and that it wasn’t the hat that made him brave it was his heart. People need to understand that they are who they make of themselves, not an item and this book tells you exactly that and that is what I mostly like about the book. ( )
  lasmith7 | Sep 8, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this book!! One reason that I really enjoyed it was because the author, James Rumford, used great diction to really create a western-styled story. For instance, many pages have sayings such as, "Fellers, don't touch my hat!" This would be especially fun for teachers and students to read because you can have fun reading the story with your best western accent. I also really liked the illustrations. The illustrations are painted and definitely help tell the story. Finally, I love the overall message of the story. The overall message is that you don't need a lucky item to be successful in your job because your love for your job is what makes you successful. I would recommend this book for students in kindergarten through second grade. It's a really easy book to read with only small amounts of text on each page and it isn't long. I think young students would really enjoy it and teachers could easily create a variety of activities to go along with it! ( )
  kbork1 | Feb 28, 2015 |
OMG How adorable is this story? The writing is perfect since you can "hear" the tone. The moral of "the clothes don't make the man" is awesome and the kids loved it. ( )
  fabooj | Feb 3, 2015 |
The Sheriff of Sunshine, a town in the wild west, is very attached to his hat. When he accidentally wears his wife's hat to solve myriad town problems he finds that his strength did not come from his hat but from himself. A little much in the graphic design department but has a good message.
  hazelrah75 | Apr 25, 2010 |

Out west, a lonesome prairie or two from anywhere, was a town called Sunshine. Sunshine was smaller'n most, bigger'n some, but cleaner and more civ'lized than 'em all. Sheriff John saw to that—him and his 10-gallon hat. . . .Sheriff John is a lawman in the wild, wild West. It's not just his badge and his gun that send robbers and rustlers galloping out of town, it's also his 10- gallon hat. Or so he thinks. . . .This new picture book by critically acclaimed author-illustrator James Rumford is a delightful addition to the bookshelves of young cowboys and cowgirls everywhere!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

A sheriff in the Old West fights crime with the help of his lucky ten-gallon hat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,197,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible