Who Was Anne Frank? by Ann Abramson

Who Was Anne Frank?

by Ann Abramson

Who was Anne Frank, is a book about her personal diary. This book reveals challenges and dreams that she had as any other girl does. This girl was born into a world that was full of hate brought upon by Hitler. He took her childhood from her and forced her and everyone that she knew into hiding so that they too would not be killed. Her diary reveals each day of her life and what she has to experience and go through as a girl. This book also shows illustrations of what Anne Frank drew including maps and diagrams. This book also makes it kid friendly to read and understand.

These books never disappoint. Once again, they take something really important and make it into a fun book to read. You also end up learning things that you didn't already know.

Extension Idea 1: "_________" Diary
Have the children begin their own diary.

Extension Idea 2: Anne Frank Scrapbook
Read excerpts from and the story behind her diary. Have students discuss and write their reactions to the pictures and diary
  chandra_B | Jul 25, 2017 |
Summary:
This book is about a young girl who wrote in her diary about her and her families life during the reign of Hitler. This book depicts her life in hiding with maps and illustrations.

Personal Reaction:
This book brings back memories of reading this when I was younger and how I felt for this family. I like how this book was easy enough to read to the kids. It made it easier for the kids to understand what she went through.

Creative Expression:
We can have the kids write in their own Journal. They can draw pictures of their families. We can also make a tent and pretend they are in hiding.
  billiemarie77 | Nov 30, 2016 |
This book is a child's book that tells about the documented story of Anne Frank and what she and her family had to endure in order to avoid being captured by the Nazi's and forced into a concentration camp.

This book was the shorter version of the Anne Frank novel. To me, this only reminded me of those days in middle school where we spent time reading her story and watching movies about the Nazi's rule and what they had done. It is a very sad story, but a very important one.

This book is excellent for Children to read. Often times, I've heard that the story in general was too inappropriate for children, but also having gone through school, and even now in college, all you ever hear about is World War II and how bad the Nazi's were. I believe that the story is important enough to share. It is never too early to teach the children about history and that's what I think this book would do well for.
  faylana.nap | Jul 26, 2016 |
This is a good biography on Anne Frank for young readers for two reasons. First, the language of this book is descriptive and clear. Many facts about Anne Frank are presented in a simplistic way so that it is easy to read. I also liked the illustrations in this book as they enhance the reading. When reading this biography on Anne Frank, the illustrations assist the reader in imagining what her life was like. ( )
  KatherineNelson | May 3, 2016 |
Biography book, giving he background story about Anne and her adventures ( )
  lindy_brooke | May 2, 2016 |

In her amazing diary, Anne Frank revealed the challenges and dreams common for any young girl. But Hitler brought her childhood to an end and forced her and her family into hiding. Who Was Anne Frank? looks closely at Anne’s life before the secret annex, what life was like in hiding, and the legacy of her diary. Black-and-white illustrations including maps and diagrams provide historical and visual reference in an easy-to-read biography written in a way that is appropriate and accessible for younger readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:43 -0400)

Looks closely at Anne Frank's life before the secret annex, what life was like in hiding from the Nazis, and the legacy of her diary.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,989,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible