Who Was Daniel Boone? by Sydelle Kramer

Who Was Daniel Boone?

by Sydelle Kramer

Who Was Daniel Boone? by Sydelle Kramer is such a wonderfully detailed book on the life of this man. I had not idea just how rough he had it. I expected these "Who Was/Is..?" books to be only about 30 pages but they are all over 100 pages long just filled with info. I love history but some of this history I had not heard before. Great job. I got this from the online library. It is meant for middle grades or teens but I enjoyed this book and I am 60! I didn't feel it was speaking down to me at all. Wonderful book and great sketches scattered throughout. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jan 11, 2017 |
Due to the length and content in the book, I would use this as a read aloud for a 4th or 5th grade class. We would use the book for a social studies unit. It's an easy read, and engaging so I think the students in this age band would enjoy it. I would have students create a timeline of Daniel Boone's life upon completion of the book. I would ask them to highlight the monumental times in his life. I would use this book during an American history unit. The students would be able to learn of someone who had much influence on the expansion of the United States. Daniel Boone is a good character for students to read about since he discovered Kentucky, and that's the state we are in. Within the story, there are also blurbs about prominent Native American tribes. After reading the story, I would have students work with a map and look at where Daniel Boone expanded the states. Students would complete a project afterwards, displaying the paths Daniel Boone created, and the land Daniel Boone exposed. ( )
  ewhite06 | Apr 14, 2016 |
I read Who Was Daniel Boone? by Sydelle Kramer for my biography. Daniel Boone was a boy who grew up in the 1700's in the Eastern region of the United States. Daniel loved the outdoors and to hunt. He made a wilderness road for travelers to use. Daniel died disabled, lonely and poor. I thought the book was interesting because it was full of adventure. It also taught me to appreciate the land I live on. I would recommend this book to all 4th graders. ( )
  AidenC4 | Oct 14, 2015 |

Called the "Great Pathfinder", Daniel Boone is most famous for opening up the West to settlers through Kentucky. A symbol of America's pioneering spirit Boone was a skilled outdoorsman and an avid reader although he never attended school. Sydelle Kramer skillfully recounts Boone's many adventures such as the day he rescued his own daughter from kidnappers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:39 -0400)

An illustrated biography of the man who led pioneers out West, Daniel Boone.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,054,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible