Secrets by Christine Harris

I really liked the idea of the book- An orphan raised by a secret agency, not knowing if she can trust anyone, even her 'friends'. It did remind me a bit of an old T.V. show called 'The Pretender' and seemed to be a cross between that and Spy Kids. Ultimately, this book did not win me over.

My low rating of it is due to the rushed feeling I had while reading it. What was possibly intended to convey urgency and suspense had a different effect on me. I found that I wanted more information on the characters themselves and some background. I understand that the lack of facts about the characters is part of the story, but without a bit more foundation for the story I never became invested in who they were or what they were doing. Instead I felt like I was thrown into the action too quickly, with not enough time to look around and understand/appreciate what was happening before I was pushed into the next scene.

I may at some point try the next volume but for now I won't be looking for book #2. ( )
  Absent_Librarian | Apr 9, 2014 |
I love this book! It is full of mystery and suspence. I know that the title "Undercover girl" sounds cheesy and corny but it is an excelent book. I recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery and suspence.
  bryce_babe | Dec 19, 2007 |

In a world of secrets, how can you tell what's real?

Jesse Sharpe is no ordinary kid. She's an orphan, a genius, and a secret agent. Jesse has been assigned by C2--the mysterious organization that raised her and taught her to be a spy--to protect another girl from a kidnap attempt. Jesse will have to trail suspects, plant listening devices, crack codes, and kick occasional bad guy butt. What Jesse doesn't know is whether she can trust C2 and the information she has been given--or if someone within the organization is trying to blow her cover.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:22 -0400)

Jesse Sharpe is no ordinary kid. She's an orphan, a genius, and a secret agent. Jesse has been assigned by C2--the mysterious organization that raised her and taught her to be a spy--to protect another girl from a kidnap attempt. Jesse will have to trail suspects, plant listening devices, crack codes, and kick occasional bad guy butt. What Jesse doesn't know is whether she can trust C2 and the information she has been given--or someone within the organization is trying to blow her cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible