Iron Man: Armor Wars by David Michelinie

Iron Man: Armor Wars (edition 2007)

by David Michelinie (Author), Mark Bright (Illustrator), Barry Windsor-Smith (Illustrator)

Series: Iron Man, 1968 series (225-232), Iron Man

Millionaire industrialist Tony Stark is an inventive genius who has dedicated all of his enormous financial and intellectual resources to a single guiding principle: the creation of technology for the betterment of humanity. Stark's greatest creation is a modern-day miracle: a suit of form-fitting, steel-mesh armour.… (more)
Member:tmoore318
Title:Iron Man: Armor Wars
Authors:David Michelinie (Author)
Other authors:Mark Bright (Illustrator), Barry Windsor-Smith (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2007), 208 pages
Tags:to-read

Iron Man: The Armor Wars by David Michelinie (Writer)

English (2)  French (1)  All languages (3)
This is considered one of the best Iron Man arcs for a very good reason. I'm glad I finally got around to reading this. ( )
  Count_Zero | Jul 7, 2020 |
Iron Man has evolved a lot over the past few years, and for the better, in my opinion. (As an interesting character, I mean - not necessarily, like, morally.) This storyline consequently comes across even more old-school than it was, although David Michelinie was yer quintessential Marvel hack. But all the stuff that makes this kind of not work - "They stole my technology? They used it for . . . . EVIL?!" - weirdly also kind of makes it work, in that you can ignore the cheesines, distill it down to bare facts, and add that nugget to your "Iron Man history" tumbler - although I choose to imagine it occurring a lot earlier than it did - early seventies? Iron Man's first step toward sophistication? Maybe if he hadn't been hitting the bottle so hard he would have noticed that they were stealing his tech? Works for me. So I guess now there's two registers in which to evaluate superhero comics (and, incidentally, soap operas): 1. Is this awesome? 2. Is it consequential? Does it develop the character, ir is it essentially without meaning? This book has more of 2 than 1. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Aug 7, 2008 |

Michelinie, DavidWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bright, Mark D.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Layton, BobIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Windsor-Smith, BarryIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,648,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible