Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Resumes (National Business Employment Weekly Career Guides)
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471322598, Paperback)Don't just list your credentials--create resumes that get results! When it comes to your resume, one size doesn't fit all. You need a document that's uniquely your own, one that "hooks" prospective employers and proves you have the combination of skills, abilities, and experience they're looking for. Written by an award-winning columnist at the National Business Employment Weekly, today's leading career resource, this practical guide arms you with the latest techniques for researching and writing tailor-made, highly focused resumes that work like sophisticated sales tools, giving you a powerful competitive edge in today's aggressive job market. This updated edition includes new resumes from real-life candidates who sought and found jobs, with many "before and after" examples.
* Covers all types of resumes, including chronological, functional, and combination
* Outlines how to identify your most relevant skills and accomplishments
* Avoids the cookie-cutter approach to resumes, providing plentiful examples, ideas, and checklists to help you create a unique document
* Covers specialized resume categories, including first-time job seekers, homemakers returning to the work force, career changers, and even seasoned professionals
* Includes the real-life stories behind the model resumes--learn how people in similar circumstances changed their lives and moved on to better positions
* Shows how to prepare a scannable version of your document
* Teaches you how to effectively sell your unique talents and qualifications--even to the most demanding recruiter
Other National Business Employment Weekly Premier Guides currently available: National Business Employment Weekly Interviewing National Business Employment Weekly Cover Letters
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:22 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.