dismiss

Mī : kyasarin hepubān jiden by Katharine…

Mī : kyasarin hepubān jiden (original 1991; edition 1993)

by Katharine Hepburn, Shibayama Mikio,

Admired and beloved by movie audiences for over sixty years, four-time Academy Award-winner Katharine Hepburn is an American classic. Now Miss Hepburn breaks her long-kept silence about her private life in this absorbing and provocative memoir. A NEW YORK TIMES Notable Book of the Year A Book-of-the-Month-Club Main Selection… (more)
Member:KatharineHepburn
Title:Mī : kyasarin hepubān jiden
Authors:Katharine Hepburn
Other authors:Shibayama Mikio,
Info:Tōkyō : Bungei Shunju, 1993.

Me: Stories of My Life by Katharine Hepburn (1991)

English (14)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
rabck from dvg; autobiography of Katharine Hepburn. An unconventional actress, the chapters are different chains of thought about her life and career. I knew about Spencer Tracy, but never realized that she had been married and that she had been involved with Howard Hughes also. ( )
  nancynova | Jul 28, 2018 |
Slow at parts, but overall I enjoyed it. Kate is probably my favorite actress. Loved her and Cary Grant together. Also liked learning more about her relationship with Spencer Tracy. The book has many photos throughout which I loved. I wish more bios would do that. Recommended for any old Hollywood fan. ( )
  Crystal423 | May 22, 2017 |
The books is a great read, because Hepburn is amusing although not very revealing. But I highly recommend the audio, read by Hepburn. Even better. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
This was a quick, entertaining book. Hepburn was such a fascinating person.

While most celebrity bios, at least today, seem to be written by someone else, and not much more than self-aggrandizing publicity efforts, this seemed to me to be the real deal - honest, open, no excuses. It really did seem to be written by a woman who had lived a fascinating life, who had reached her last few years, and who was looking back; remembering, taking stock.

It was very enjoyable. ( )
  bookwoman247 | Mar 25, 2014 |
This is probably my favorite memoir. I had been a fan of Hepburn's films before reading this book, but I felt I knew her as a person after completing it. Her wry sense of humor and noncomformist attitude made her life an interesting one and made this book fun to read. Hepburn does discuss sad times as well, highlighting her brother's death at 15 and her partner Spencer Tracy's long illness and death. Hepburn's tale of how she wasn't allowed at Tracy's funeral is a particularly poignant moment. ( )
  jennastine | Apr 29, 2013 |

Katharine Hepburnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heikkinen, EevaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Verhalen uit mijn leven
To Mother and Dad
Prologue
I have a friend who keeps asking me why I am writing this book.
Before I tell you anything about myself, I would like to tell you, or at least identify for you, the world into which I was born.

Legacy Library: Katharine Hepburn

Katharine Hepburn has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Katharine Hepburn's legacy profile.

See Katharine Hepburn's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,848,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible