Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, Book 1) by…

Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, Book 1)

by Janice Thompson

Corny Christian romance. Far too much self-pity in the main character, Bella, and WAY too much usage of the words "country-western" and "boot-scootin'". No self-respecting cowgirl uses either. ( )
  benandhil | Sep 28, 2016 |
A cute and light book. The spiritual lessons encouraged me. Not much else to say! ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
****************** Stats **********************
Hero : 3 Heroine : 2 Peak Factor:2 Plot:1 Writing:2
**********************************************
Overall Star rating: 2

While I love Christian romance and the reference to god I felt that Fools Rush in had too many references to Christianity. I admit it would have been one star if I hadn't actually found myself laughing out loud at different parts of the book. I didn't feel that there was enough depth in the book and found myself wanting to be finished with the book after the first few chapters. If you want a few laughs then this is the book for you. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
This book was a huge let down. The author was inconsistent, the details seemed very inaccurate. How can a family who has lived in Texas for at least 15 years not be familiar at all with the Country/Western stuff? I am not saying all Texans enjoy country music, but it seems like everyone has heard of most of the big Country stars, or the Grand Ole Opry. And there were lots of details that were repeated over and over again, like the Italian phrase & it's meaning.

Another reviewer has already commented on the slightly unbelievable idea that the whole family of Italian Catholics converted to the Methodist Church after one revival meeting. Even if that is the case I feel like the author went overboard on the religious stuff, mainly because it wasn't as relevent to the story, and almost seemed like filler. She spent a good page at least talking about making a list of things to give to God, then commented on it with remarks like 'God probably doesn't care about my brothers not putting the toilet seat down', all to lead into getting a phone call.

My favorite subplot of the story was that of Rosa and Laz. What I hated about it was that the author wrote the book in first-person POV, but then had the main character be so dense that she didn't see the romantic tension between the two, Bella had to have it spelled out to her by her mom--when it was obvious to the reader, at least to me, that something was going on there several chapters prior. And this subplot was never really developed, I think there was more time talking about saving the bird.

Something else that really bothered me was the entire chapter of "coincidences". A coincidence is something that seems like it was arranged or on purpose but accidental, like say I work on the weekends and always miss out on fun stuff, the power goes out so I get a Saturday off and 10 minutes later my friend texts to say she is bummed that someone cancelled on her and she will have to go to a concert alone, since I am at work. I'm not at work, I can go. Someone calling to set up a medieval wedding, because the ad says the place specializes in medieval weddings, is not a really a coincidence-Bella worded the ad knowing that she had never before set up that style of wedding. The majority of this chapter was used to randomly set up a couple subplots, and to work as filler in my opinion.

I don't plan on reading the rest of the series, it was hard enough getting through the first book. ( )
  twileteyes | Feb 4, 2016 |
When I first started this I thought it was quirky and humorous, but Bella's family and their antics started to grate on me after a while. Also, I realize Bella is new to managing her business, but I have to wonder how long her business would survive in the "real world" if she's as inept a businesswoman as the author has made her. I think that "quirk" would also grate on me if it becomes something that the author decides to use as a series piece (i.e. what will Bella goof up during this wedding?)

I did like the idea of the pizza parlor using Dean Martin songs to name their pizzas and design their specials. For some reason, that part didn't really get old to me throughout the book. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
In memory of my stepfather, Billie Moseley, a true-blue Texan, who is currently residing in heaven... and likely still wearing his boots.
Prologue
If Uncle Lazaro hadn't left the mob, I probably wouldn't have a story to tell.
Do not combine with Fools Rush In by Vicki Lewis Thompson. Two different books and authors.

Bella, an Italian from New Jersey whose family moved to Texas, must battle her feelings for a deejay and learn how to run the family's wedding planning business after she books a country and western theme wedding.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible