Living Sober by Alcoholics Anonymous World…

This is a primer for basics living without alcohol in your life and put together by committee. No committee work has, does, or will obtain a five star rating (no. hot even the king james version of the Bible). But as an instruction manual on how to handle various topics pertinent to sobriety, it is a winner. Especially the advice about carrying around a ginger ale at parties and keeping sugar in your body to replace the full cup of sugar myou poured down your throat while drinking. ( )
1 vote andyray | Feb 16, 2011 |
This book is a life saver for anyone in early sobriety. During this time, life is confusing, uncertain, hopeless, and trying to live without taking a drink - or 20 - is all but impossible, as well as unimaginable. This book has simple, short suggestions on how to get through many of the early sober life issues, events, fears, and answers questions most alcoholics have upon trying to get sober. What should I do if I am invited to go out for happy hour with my office mates? Why can't I sleep? How do I get through the holidays? I am craving sugar. I am afraid to talk to people. These and many other common concerns are addressed in a plain, useful manner and suggestions are offered as to options to these problems. This book is invaluable to anyone who wants to get sober or is in early sobriety. ( )
  fletchette | Jun 14, 2010 |
A simplistic, possibly too much so, quick & easy read on living sober. It gives a lot of good advice, is broken up logically & often. Probably a good book for many to start with & it really isn't limited to alcoholics. I think anyone who has an addiction or even issues in their life could get a lot out of it. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Sep 25, 2009 |
Re-reading this short book now, it’s apparent to me how much of the content I disagree with. However, Living Sober contains many good nuggets.

(Full review at my blog) ( )
  KingRat | Jun 16, 2008 |
Great tips for great back to the business of living following alcoholism and recovery. Great to keep on hand for anyone feeling a little "shaky" (who doesn't want to drink any longer of course...) ( )
  margoletta | Apr 25, 2008 |
". . . treatment primarily involves not taking a drink . . ." American Medical Association

An extremely informative book which does not offer a plan for getting sober but does offer us sound advice about how to stay sober. Basic, essential information from Alcoholics Anonymous.

As the book states, "Anyone can get sober. . .the trick is to live sober."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:26 -0400)

A list of thirty-one suggestions Alcoholics Anonymous members have used to stay sober.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible