Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control…

Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny

by Suze Orman

Worth reading, it made everything really easy to understand. I tend to get lost when it comes to all the different types of investment accounts (and insurance). But after reading I feel I have a better grasp on understanding them. This will be a great reference to keep going back to in the road to becoming debt free. ( )
  TheKnittedSheep | Aug 25, 2014 |
I'm working my way through it pretty slowly, but that's because she has a lot of expectations. Nevertheless, Orman's guide to financial independence and responsibility is easy to follow, friendly and concise. The occasionally ooey-gooey tone of her "female empowerment" talk makes the scolding a lot easier to handle. It's certainly inspiring me to take a very hard look at my resources and the way I handle them!
1 vote 50MinuteMermaid | Nov 14, 2013 |
Not as good as Young, Fabulous and Broke. Or maybe the situations she describes in this book just don't apply to me. Worth reading, but I'm glad I got it from the library rather than paying for it. ( )
  jthomasward | Feb 26, 2010 |
I think all women should read this book. I have always enjoyed learning about money matters - but I learned quite a few things I wasn't sure about before. I feel better prepared to make money decisions. Highly recommended. ( )
  BookAngel_a | Aug 11, 2008 |
Excellent book on financial planning for women . I recommend women of all ages read it. Suze 's writing is very easy to read and understand and she offers a wealth of important financial information , resources, and her website:
suzeorman.com . ( )
  laws | Jul 29, 2008 |
Blessedly, her pep talk doesn’t dive too deep, and she sticks to cheering on the reader... You’ll feel a hell of a lot better when you have savings and investments and pin money, Orman promises. I believe her.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385519311, Hardcover)

Money maven Suze Orman's latest book, Women & Money addresses the complicated (and often dysfunctional) relationship women have with personal finance. Orman's direct, non-condescending style is perfect for this subject matter--she begins with the premise that "Women can invest, save, and handle debt as well and skillfully as any man" and then tackles the important question--"So why don't they?" Designed to educate and inspire, Women & Money also offers a "Save Yourself Plan," a five-month program that "delivers genuine long-term financial security." Want to know more? Watch a video message from Suze below, and take a gander at the first chapter of Women & Money--you'll be "controlling your destiny" in no time. --Daphne Durham

Read the First Chapter of Women & Money

For Women Only

I never thought I'd write a book about money just for women. I never thought it was necessary. So then why am I doing just that in my eighth book? And why now? Let me explain. All my previous books were written with the belief that gender is not a factor on any level in mastering the nuts and bolts of smart financial management. Women can invest, save, and handle debt just as well and skillfully as any man. I still believe that--why would anyone think differently? So imagine my surprise when I learned that some of the people closest to me in my life were in the dark about their own finances. Clueless. Or, in some cases, willfully resisting doing what they knew needed to be done. I'm talking about smart, competent, accomplished women who present a face to the world that is pure confidence and capability. Do you mean to tell me that I, Suze Orman, who make my living solving the financial problems of total strangers, couldn't spot the trouble brewing so close to home? I don't think I'm blind; I just think that these women became very, very good at hiding their troubles from me.Why not? They had years of practice hiding them from themselves.

Read more from Chapter 1...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:31 -0400)

Suze Orman investigates the complicated, dysfunctional relationship women have with money. With her signature mix of insight, compassion, and soul-deep recognition, she equips women with the financial knowledge and emotional awareness to overcome the blocks that have kept them from making more out of the money they make. At the center of the book is The Save Yourself Plan--a streamlined, five-month program that delivers genuine long-term financial security. But what's at stake is far bigger than money itself: It's about every woman's sense of who she is and what she deserves, and why it all begins with the decision to save yourself.--From publisher description.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,369,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible