The Cluetrain Manifesto: 10th Anniversary…

The Cluetrain Manifesto: 10th Anniversary Edition (edition 2011)

by Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls, David Weinberger, Jake McKee (Contributor)2 more, J. P. Rangaswami (Contributor), Dan Gillmor (Contributor)

Ten years after Cluetrain's original publication, too many companies still ignore the idea that markets are really made up of people. In our rapidly changing world, this book's message is more vital than ever. Companies may be wired for business, but they still struggle with how to talk to their customers like human beings. The 10th Anniversary Edition features extensive new commentaries by industry leaders, but the core message of this modern business classic remains intact.… (more)
Member:robzand
Title:The Cluetrain Manifesto: 10th Anniversary Edition
Authors:Rick Levine
Other authors:Christopher Locke, Doc Searls, David Weinberger, Jake McKee (Contributor), J. P. Rangaswami (Contributor)1 more, Dan Gillmor (Contributor)
Info:Basic Books (2011), Edition: Anniversary Edition, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

The Cluetrain Manifesto: The End of Business as Usual by Christopher Locke

Recently added byscottrifkin, private library, yachtimagination, facultyhub, K_R_Smith, richardlim, GHE9186, Essuu, Joe.McLaughlin
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding

English (8)  French (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (11)
Illustrative of just how fast things change, this tenth-anniversary edition may at first strike you as an anachronistic historical oddity, or at best a mile-marker in the rear view mirror: we've moved beyond pull marketing, through blogs, to the fever pitch of Facebook pages and Twitter. But though the bullet train of social marketing flies fast, the Cluetrain of marketing to the needs and interests of (what we now call) the community rolls much more slowly. There's still time to get on board this train ... and sadly too many empty seats on board, at that! ( )
  jrep | Dec 22, 2010 |
OK I loved it and still do. But, now we're living it and don't have time to talk or think about it. We just have to make it happen. And, boy is it a tough birthing process. It is all dated and speculative about what we now know to be true. I am excited and optimistic for the change that's coming. ( )
  brett_in_nyc | Apr 26, 2008 |
I have posted a review about this thoroughly interesting book here: http://wartaalman.blogspot.com/2008/03/cluetrain-manifesto.html ( )
  Wartaalman | Mar 30, 2008 |

Christopher Lockeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Levine, Rickmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Searls, Docmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Weinberger, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
The Internet and World Wide Web have spawned hundreds of books, boxcars of verbiage. The Net changes everything. Or so the cliche goes. But most of this analysis has been extremely insular, looking at the dynamics of the online world as a class of phenomena until itself. While it's true that global networks are catalysts of change, it's even more critical to see them as responses to a world that was already changing when they arrived on the scene.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,347,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible