The Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom

The Day After Tomorrow (original 1994; edition 1995)

by Allan Folsom

Member:jayverh
Title:The Day After Tomorrow
Authors:Allan Folsom
Info:Vision (1995), Mass Market Paperback, 752 pages

The Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom (1994)

Recently added byprivate library, JockeE, cls1000, Alkmini_A, calebsw, T4NK, Cheryl50, zuzurch, phranciscan

English (11)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (14)
As I was cruising through book choices from my library, this book was listed as a mystery thriller, and while I hate to admit it, when I first downloaded it, i thought it was the book that the movie that came out a few years ago was--how wrong I was (and happily so)!

This story is the story of how being in the wrought place at the right time can drastically change your life. For Paul, an American doctor from LA who is visiting Paris for a conference, it is the right time and place. However, for the contract killer who killed Paul's father years ago, who is having a cup of coffee after work in the same cafe as Paul, it is definitely the wrong time. Paul recognizes this man who killed his father in front of him and immediately attacks him. The waiters obviously don't know what provoked this attack, and stop him long enough for the killer to escape.

This is merely the beginning for Paul, however.

He hires a detective to find out who this man is and vows to kill him. What he doesn't know, however, is that there is way more to the story than just this man. There is a conspiracy afoot--that will cause Paul, his newly found love interest, international police, a lot of heart pounding excitement. This was a book I didn't want to put down. A very good read! ( )
1 vote csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
Calling this a fast paced thriller is like referring to Scarlett Johansson as a blonde actress. This is thrilling and chilling, a pulse-pounding page turner, if I can use a cliche. The characters might be stock, but the plot is unique and possibly even plausible. Loved every single suspenseful scene. Grabbed me from the beginning and refused to let go. ( )
1 vote Michael-Murphy | Feb 3, 2014 |
I expected more of this one, but after a few chapters I still felt no interest in knowing what would happen, so I figured I better drop it while I still could. However I have to give this the benefit of the doubt because I've been rather uninspired to read lately, so maybe that influenced my lack of interest. ( )
  AshuritaLove | Apr 7, 2013 |

Het boek heeft bij lezen diepe indruk gemaakt, dat weet ik nog. Maar hoe en wat verder? Dat niet meer. Dus: herlezen en dan een review schrijven. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
gripping story
  acmf | Feb 6, 2012 |

Allan Folsomprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kooijman, HansTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Karen . . .
Paul Osborn sat alone among the smoky bustle of the after-work crowd, staring into a glass of red wine.

In Paris, an American doctor spots the man who murdered his father and he tries to kill him. Thus begins a tale of international intrigue, the villains of which are Nazi survivors of World War II, plotting to take over the world.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,342,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible