The Devil's Code by John Sandford

The Devil's Code (2000)

by John Sandford

Series: Kidd Novel (3)

English (11)  Dutch (1)  All languages (12)
Before Lucas Davenport and the brilliant Prey novels, there was Kidd-artist, computer whiz, and professional criminal-and his sometime partner/sometime lover, LuEllen. The Army had left Kidd with a dislike for bureaucratic organization and the skills to do something about it, but it hadn't prepared him for the day a woman appeared at his door and told him that his colleague Jack Morrison had vanished, and that Kidd and his friends were the target... ( )
  Tutter | Mar 1, 2015 |
I have to admit I did not finish this book; I read about a third. I just found it too "scattered' and I had a hard time even knowing what was going on. If I didn't have other books to read, I might have stuck with it, but I did not feel this was worth the effort. Usually I love Sandford, but this was certainly not my favorite. ( )
  repb | Feb 8, 2015 |
When a fellow computer whiz known as Sanford is killed under suspicious circumstances, Kidd, artists, computer hacker, and professional criminal finds himself in the crosshairs of a government investigation targeting a group of hackers calling themselves Firewall. Something's rotten in the state of Texas, and with the NSA, the FBI, and a pair of corporate assassins on their tails, Kidd and LuEllen are a short step ahead and a long way out on a limb.

A bit rough around the edges, but I didn't want to stop turning pages. ( )
  SunnySD | Mar 10, 2013 |
good read ( )
  magentaflake | Aug 12, 2012 |
this was a nice change. i have read quite a few code books, books about all the intricacies of the computer world and the terrorism that goes with it. for one the fact that again, i was drowned in middle eastern conflict (it seems lately that a book can't be written unless it is about that; which is sad, talk about not using any imagination) this one did touch on it but it was more about other things. again i quite liked it and would recommend it. ( )
  krushkelsey | Apr 8, 2012 |

John Sandfordprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferrone, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Pat and Ray Johns
A beautiful fall night in Glen Burnie, a Thursday, autumn leaves kicking along the streets.
If you look in the shaving mirror in the morning and ask what you've become, and the answer is "Artist & Professional Criminal," then you may have taken a bad turn down life's dark alley.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425179885, Mass Market Paperback)

When Kidd—artist, computer whiz, and professional criminal—learns of a colleague’s murder, he doesn’t buy the official story: that a jittery security guard caught the hacker raiding the files of a high-tech Texas corporation. It’s not what his friend was looking for that got him killed. It’s what he already knew. For Kidd and LuEllen, infiltrating the firm is the first move. Discovering the secrets of its devious entrepreneur is the next. But it’s more than a secret—it’s a conspiracy. And it’s landed Kidd and LuEllen in the cross-hairs of an unknown assassin hellbent on conning the life out of the ultimate con artists…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:07 -0400)

Two seemingly unrelated murders lead ethical thief, artist, and hacker Kidd and his partner LuEllen to uncover a vast electronic conspiracy involving a corporation and a number of U.S. government bureaucrats.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,497,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible