The Truth About Food by Jill Fullerton-Smith

The Truth About Food

by Jill Fullerton-Smith

(2) 2007 (2) B (1) BBC (3) cookery (1) cooking (4) December (1) diet (2) eating (1) factual (1) food (23) food science (2) garage (2) habits (1) health (9) library (2) Library Hold (1) Nederlandstalig (1) NL (1) non-fiction (9) nutrition (7) read (1) reference (1) science (3) self-help (2) to-read (1) translation (1) tv serie (1) tv tie-in (1) W (1)

English (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (3)
Not the truth about food. Too much tv and not enough science. Would be vastly improved by paying attention to what is not known and what we're not certain we know. ( )
  TheoSmit | Sep 3, 2008 |
This is quite an interesting book, it takes a look at some diet myths and uses science to test them and finds a lot of them very wanting. It's quite educational and should be compulsary reading for most people dieting or worrying about their food. My only problem with it is that several of the case studies end with "results not available at the time of publication" due to the need to overlap with the TV series. Still it's interesting and has some moments that make you wonder what all the fuss is about. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Dec 19, 2007 |

Every day we read newspaper reports proclaiming that red meats will give us cancer and eggs can cause heart disease, only to hear the next day that the same foods are actually good for us. 'The Truth About Food' reveals what really lies behind the food myths, showing you how to change your diet and live life for the better.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,487,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible