The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

The Fall of Hyperion (original 1989; edition 1991)

by Dan Simmons

4,072None1,260 (4.11)48
Member:st.hedges
Title:The Fall of Hyperion
Authors:Dan Simmons
Info:Spectra (1991), Mass Market Paperback, 528 pages
Tags:science fiction

The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons (1989)

20th century (14) AI (18) artificial intelligence (19) Dan Simmons (25) epic (14) fantasy (43) far future (17) fiction (282) future (13) Hugo Nominee (19) Hyperion (58) Hyperion Cantos (65) mmpb (13) Nebula nominee (13) novel (47) own (19) owned (13) paperback (28) read (71) religion (26) science fiction (898) series (39) sf (161) sff (48) shrike (17) space opera (73) speculative fiction (14) time travel (34) to-read (24) unread (26)

English (42)  Italian (2)  Finnish (1)  French (1)  All languages (46)
Honestly, I really don't remember this book. I finished it a few months back. I think part of it is that this book is so full of themes and poetry and different plots - that I can't quite remember them. I found the first book to be a much more interesting because of the pilgrims. This second book is a more traditional science fiction stories following very similar themes of other big universe type stories. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Dec 1, 2013 |
Another reread and loved it even more that previous time read! ( )
  KarenHerndon | Nov 22, 2013 |
A fabulous sequel to the Hugo award winning Hyperion. I thoroughly enjoyed it. ( )
  publiusdb | Aug 22, 2013 |
I think this series of two books combined is one of the most impressive things I've read. An extremely complex universe rendered in loving detail, an excellent and absorbing plot, and a cast of characters I really cared about, even the Shrike. ( )
  MichaelKelberer | Aug 21, 2013 |

Dan Simmonsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ahokas, JuhaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gibbons, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruddell, GaryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To John Keats

Whose Name Was Writ

in Eternity
On the day the armada went off to war, on the last day of life as we know it, I was invited to a party.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553288202, Mass Market Paperback)

The stunning continuation of the epic adventure begun in Hyperion. On the world of Hyperion the mysterious Time Tombs are opening. And the secrets they contain mean that nothing--nothing anywhere in the universe--will ever be the same.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:00 -0400)

In the continuation of the epic adventure begun in Hyperion, the far future is resplendent with drama and invention. On the world of Hyperion, the mysterious Time Tombs are opening. And the secrets they contain mean that nothing--nothing anywhere in the universe--will ever be the same.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,467,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible