The Mark of the Assassin by Daniel Silva

The Mark of the Assassin (original 1998; edition 2003)

by Daniel Silva

Member:haydanhugo
Title:The Mark of the Assassin
Authors:Daniel Silva
Info:Signet (2003), Paperback, 432 pages

The Mark of the Assassin by Daniel Silva (1998)

This is my first time reading this author. I looooved this book. Going straight into The Marching Season. ( )
  Mo_Morgan | Apr 3, 2019 |
Pretty good spy thriller. I thought it had a few plot devices that were a little hard to swallow or I would have given it a 4 star. I think this was Silva's first book so I hope he gets tighter with his plotting. That is almost always what turns me off spy thriller that are suppose to be plausible, the implausible act. James Bond can get away with it because it is a cartoon, otherwise no can do.

CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Enjoyable read. Nice shout out to Ari Shamron 😊 ( )
  libgirl69 | Jun 7, 2017 |
All that's missing is a secret underground laboratory, but of course we wouldn't know about it if it was truly secret. Silva is not afraid to kill off his characters, so suspense continues to the end. A lot of people are introduced very quickly, but I was able to keep track of who was who. A commercial airplane shot down by a terrorist, an attack in a major European airport---it all felt too familiar even though it was published in 1998. ( )
  raizel | May 4, 2016 |
I've been wanting to read Silva's books for a while, and I'm glad I did. Exciting book, moved quick....great read. I'll be tearing into more Silva books in the future. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 21, 2014 |
And ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall make you free.

-- The creed of the Central Intelligence Agency,
taken from John: 8:32

And ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall piss you off.

-- The staff version

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451209311, Mass Market Paperback)

Bestselling novelist Daniel Silva (author of The Unlikely Spy) draws upon his experience as a foreign correspondent and a Washington journalist in The Mark of the Assassin. Set in London, Cairo, Amsterdam, and Washington, the story line follows CIA case agent Michael Osbourne as he attempts to locate the terrorists who shot down an airliner off the coast of Long Island. Osbourne has two main antagonists: Delaroche, a KGB-trained expert assassin ordered to kill the handful of people who know the truth, including Osbourne, and the corrupt political culture of Washington, which ominously stymies him at every turn. There's a love story at the core of this book, as well as a brave attempt by Osbourne to reconcile a mystery in his past with a present he has not fully accepted. The prose is slick, and readers will find themselves racing through these pages as the body count grows and the conclusion nears. The Mark of the Assassin is a worthy effort from a rising star.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:00 -0400)

A contemporary thriller set in Washington, D.C., relates the plausible and frightening tale of a president targeted for destruction by a cabal of business executives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,703,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible