The Rough Guide to the Brain by Rough Guides

The Rough Guide to the Brain

by Rough Guides

80None230,067 (3.71)None
The Rough Guide to the Brain answers all the important questions: how does the memory work? Are we addicted to television? What is Alzheimer's Disease? Can machines read our minds? The human brain, with all its inherent complexity, has taken on near mythical status. Its 100 billion nerve cells, forged by nature and refined over millions of years, allow humans the capacity to survive, create culture, love.Once an impenetrable grey mass, modern science is getting to grips with our brains at an unprecedented rate. We are moving from a time of anatomy, in which science did well to characterize the various regions of the brain, to a time in which we can observe thought processes in real time. We have entered a neural renaissance. The Rough Guide to the Brain is for anyone who's ever wanted to know more about how their brain and mind works - and what goes wrong when it doesn't. From how we evolved such an impressive organ to how it achieves the feat that is you. Including numerous insights from leaders in their fields, with The Rough Guide to the Brain, there's no better way to stimulate your grey matter.… (more)

No reviews
Introduction
Anatomically speaking, the brain is nothing more than a collection of interconnected nerve cells, a coordinating hub for our body's electrical system.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,862,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible