Il Tao della fisica (Gli Adelphi Vol. 4)…

Il Tao della fisica (Gli Adelphi Vol. 4) (Italian Edition) (original 1975; edition 2014)

by Fritjof Capra (Author), G. Salio (Translator)

Member:RobertoBz
Title:Il Tao della fisica (Gli Adelphi Vol. 4) (Italian Edition)
Authors:Fritjof Capra (Author)
Other authors:G. Salio (Translator)
Info:Adelphi (2014), Edition: 19, 381 pages
Tags:SCIENZA, Fisica

The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra (1975)

Time Reborn: From the Crisis in Physics to the Future of the Universe by Lee Smolin (applemcg)
    applemcg: Both books are more about the philosophy of science, how we think about it. Capra opens our eyes to Eastern philosophy, Smolin about the possibility of laws evolving, a search for meta-laws.
    A Tear at the Edge of Creation: A Radical New Vision for Life in an Imperfect Universe by Marcelo Gleiser (Othemts)

English (16)  Italian (3)  Portuguese (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
The Tao of Physics exemplifies the harmony, not the dissonance, between of mysticism and science. Fritjof Capra shows how the ancient mystics intuitively knew long ago what modern day scientists are rediscovering today. ( )
  C_Hawke | Dec 24, 2018 |
You can understand the basic principles of physics if you undertake this book. The Dancing Wu Li Masters is more engaging. ( )
  deckla | Dec 8, 2018 |
I liked the physics parts... ( )
  weberam2 | Nov 24, 2017 |
A great deal has changed in the world of physics since the book came out in 1975– and I may be too ignorant to know whether that matters or not, but I did end up really enjoying it. Capra did a nice job of balancing explanations of scientific and mystical/religious concepts and approaches, even if he didn't warn readers away from the sort of pseudo-scientific spirituality, based around approaches to the subatomic world, that have emerged in the recent past. ( )
1 vote KatrinkaV | Feb 8, 2016 |
Your reality is not reality and that thing in front of you, is not a thing. Capra tells you this over and over again till you're fed up and want to get it over with. Taking out all the math from the book makes it really boring and feels like the summary of your modern physics textbook. The parallels are not too convincing, IMHO. Provides a lot of ideas for an alt-history series though. ( )
  Sreekar.Raghotham | Dec 10, 2015 |

Jerry Shesko

Bobby Smith

Maria Teuffenbach

Alan Watts

for helping me to find my path

and to Jacqueline

who has travelled with me

on this path

most of the time.

Il Tao della fisica (1975), è il primo libro pubblicato da Fritjof Capra, tradotto in italiano nel 1982 (Adelphi) e divenuto famoso solo con la ristampa del 1989. In questo volume Capra fa un'analisi delle analogie tra le teorie relativistiche e quantistiche della fisica moderna, e le filosofie religiose orientali, tra cui l'induismo, il Buddhismo Mahāyāna, ma in particolare il taoismo e lo zen. È infatti sorprendente come attraverso esperienze del tutto differenti, l'una (la fisica) attraverso l'empirismo razionale e codificato, e l'altra (la filosofia religiosa orientale), attraverso la meditazione e l'esperienza extra-sensoriale, giungano a conclusioni molto simili se non del tutto identiche. La visione del "mondo" che ne deriva, e che accomuna la fisica relativistica e quantistica alle filosofie religiose orientali, è completamente diversa dalla visione meccanicistica derivante da Newton e tende ad avvicinarsi sempre di più a una teoria del "tutto" in cui non si parla più di materia, ma di energia, secondo la teoria della relatività di Albert Einstein (E=mc2).
(piopas)

The universe: an eternal cosmic dance of subatomic particles of relationships at once paradoxical, yet somehow unified.

Mystics explore our universe through meditation. Nuclear physicists explore it through experimentation and hypothesis. Their paths to the truth could not be more different-but the amazing thing is that in their own ways, the mystics and the scientists are discovering the same truths about our world.

In non-technical language, with no complex mathematics or formulae, this thought-provoking program explores the main concepts and theories of modern physics, the revelations coming from particle accelerators and laboratories-and compares them with the ancient tenets of Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism. In the process, we gain a clear and fascinating picture of how such seemingly disparate areas of thought are ultimately quests for the same kind of understanding.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:34 -0400)

Studies similarities between the concept of a harmonious universe that emerges from the theories of modern physics and the vision of a continuously interactive world conceived by Eastern mystics.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,499,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible