At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island)…

At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island) (edition 2021)

by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Author)

16101,034,233 (4.17)None
Member:PhyllisReads
Title:At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island)
Authors:Suzanne Woods Fisher (Author)
Info:Revell (2021), 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:arcs-and-giveaways, librarything-wins, own-it, christian, faith, womens-fiction, families, sisters, small-town, romance, series, friendship, food-cooking

At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island) by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Fitting finale to a fantastic series! Totally recommend!

Be sure to read the series in order to enjoy this story in its completeness.

Thank you to Revell for a complimentary copy thru NetGalley. Opinions are my own. ( )
  JenGalaxy4 | Apr 10, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thanks to Revell Books, Baker Publishing Group and LibraryThing Early Reviewer Giveaway program for an advanced reading copy. All comments and opinions are my own.

This was a lovely story of family, friendship, and following your passion in a small-town setting. While this story is primarily about youngest sister Blaine, a few other characters also connect with the novel's subtle theme that God will never give up on you. Second chances and forgiveness are woven into several of the characters' lives. Especially highlighted is Blaine's story as a new graduate from France's Le Cordon Bleu cooking school, combined with her long-time friendship with now island doctor Artie Lotosky. Throw in a summer camp her family is renovating with plans for Blaine to head the camp's restaurant kitchen, her two older sisters both pregnant, intermittent wi-fi on the island, and an estranged relative who shows up unexpectedly.

This would make a great book club read, as there are thoughtful discussion questions at the end, plus a delicious sounding fudgy brownie recipe.

Although this was the third book in the series, it definitely reads as a stand-alone. I highly recommend this feel-good story and look forward to going back to books 1 and 2 since I already miss this family. ( )
  PhyllisReads | Apr 8, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great read, even if you haven't read the two previous books in the series. I enjoy books that explore the family dynamic and include elements of faith. At Lighthouse Point is an inspirational read of relying on God's timing, restoration, and just the right amount of romance. An easy to sink into book with captivating characters and a feel-good end.

I received a complimentary copy of this b book via the LibraryThing Early Reviewers. ( )
  CoverLoverBookReview | Apr 7, 2021 |
Early Reviewer.

The long awaited final installation of the Three Sisters Island saga. I say ‘long awaited’ simply because, when I enjoy a series, even waiting a few weeks for the next book is too long.

Blane has returned home with grand plans. As the saying goes ‘the best laid plans’........

I feel as if I know these characters personally. I have lived with them, lived with them, cried with them. They are my friends. Fisher is one of my favorite authors and she has once again succeeded in pulling me into her book, leaving me to close the book at the end and look around wondering ‘where am I?’ ( )
  wearylibrarian | Mar 31, 2021 |
At Lighthouse Point by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Blaine Grayson, the baby of the family has come home from studying abroad in France and can't get anyone in her family to take her seriously. They think she's young, immature, and stupid. So she does the only thing she can to get them to take her seriously, she starts a brand new business by herself and strives to make it a success.

It's a delightful story, revisiting Three Sister's Island, where her father Paul along with her older sisters Cam and Maddie live with their husbands.

The book is a sweet conclusion to the story of Three Sister's Island. The series has a nice place on my favorites' shelf, to be read again and again.

Much thankfulness to #revell and #librarything for the complimentary copy of #atlighthousepoint I was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  HuberK | Mar 25, 2021 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Suzanne Woods Fisher's book At Lighthouse Point is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,923,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible