Serial Killers (True Crime) by Editors of…

Serial Killers (True Crime) (2013)

by Editors of Time Life

While I liked that Time-Life Books included international serial killers and also a few brief synopses on older, maybe lesser known killers, I overall found Serial Killers to be a bit...dull. Not that the crimes weren't atrocious and appalling, they were, but the writing made it hard to stay interested. It was very dry. And oftentimes it seemed almost sympathetic toward the killer, because they had difficult childhoods and hard lives. I fear it missed what the true tragedy was: these monsters brutally murdering victims and feeling no remorse.

However, if someone is not well versed in the infamous killers Bundy, Gacy, and Berkowitz, I would recommend this book as a good starting point. It gives a good overview of their background and crimes without giving an immense amount of detail and information. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
This is a fascinating book. I've always been interested in serial killers, and have used this book time and again as a reference in my own writing. ( )
  lesleydawn | Jan 15, 2009 |
This book provides graphic details t four serial killers. If for some reason you need to write a report on one of these guys-this is your book. I had to put it down in some parts because it became a little too much to read, especially with the victim's picture looking at you from the top of the page. ( )
  beckylynn | Sep 5, 2008 |
Introduction:  No matter how angry they might become, most people know how to stop themselves from using aggressive behaviour or extreme violence towards others.

Probes the killer resentments and sinister fantasies, and find out what drove these apparently ordinary people to commit acts of savagery.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,498,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible