Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Computer Networks, Third Edition: A Systems Approach, 3rd Edition (The… (edition 2003)
Computer Networks: A Systems Approach by Larry L. Peterson
No current Talk conversations about this book.
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 155860832X, Hardcover)In this new edition of their classic and bestselling textbook, authors Larry Peterson and Bruce Davie continue to emphasize why networks work the way they do. Their "system approach" treats the network as a system composed of interrelated building blocks (as opposed to strict layers), giving students and professionals the best possible conceptual foundation on which to understand current networking technologies, as well as the new ones that will quickly take their place.
Incorporating instructor and user feedback, this edition has also been fully updated and includes all-new material on MPLS and switching, wireless and mobile technology, peer-to-peer networks, Ipv6, overlay and content distribution networks, and more. As in the past, all instruction is rigorously framed by problem statements and supported by specific protocol references, C-code examples, and thought-provoking end-of-chapter exercises.
New to the edition is a downloadable network stimulation lab manual that allows students to visualize and experiment with core networking technologies in direct coordination with the book's discussion. Thanks to this and many other enhancements, Computer Networks: A Systems Approach remains an essential resource for a successful classroom experience and a rewarding career in networking.
* Written by an author team with over thirty years of first-hand experience in networking research, development, and teaching--two leaders in the work of defining and implementing many of the protocols discussed in the book.
* Includes all-new coverage and updated material on MPLS and switching, wireless and mobile technology, peer-to-peer networks, Ipv6, overlay and content distribution networks, VPNs, IP-Telephony, network security, and multimedia communications (SIP, SDP).
* Additional and earlier focus on applications in this edition makes core protocols more accessible and more meaningful to readers already familiar with networked applications.
* Features chapter-framing statements, over 400 end-of-chapter exercises, example exercises(with solutions), shaded sidebars covering advanced topics, web resources and other proven pedagogical features.
* Through a companion Web site (see button on this website), provides many additional resources, including a downloadable network simulation lab manual tightly integrated with the topics in the book.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:37 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.