Panic by Jeff Abbott

Panic (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Jeff Abbott, L.J. Ganser (Narrator)

Member:gaillamontagne
Title:Panic
Authors:Jeff Abbott
Other authors:L.J. Ganser (Narrator)
Info:
Rating:***
Tags:audio/thriller

Panic by Jeff Abbott (2005)

English (27)  Swedish (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
This might have been better if I'd read it & could skim more, but the writing wasn't great. The story line was pretty good, though. Not exactly a new plot, but it was different enough to keep it interesting.

Unfortunately, the author was another who succumbed to putting a silencer on a revolver or else turned an automatic into a revolver - I forget which, but it doesn't really matter. I won't go out of my way to read another by this author.

The reader wasn't bad. Not great, but I'm VERY picky about readers. His voices weren't the best, but he wasn't irritating at all. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
The book kept my interest. There were a lot of twists in the plot. You definitely needed some suspense of disbelief that the main charachter could get through all these people trying to kill him. But once I got over that problem it was a good book. ( )
  KamGeb | Jul 31, 2014 |
I enjoyed the book and entertaining enough. I loaned it to a friend who normally takes weeks to read a book. She devoured the book in a week! ( )
  renemaia | Sep 3, 2013 |
Boring. In the early 60's the type of disjointed writing in Panic was fashionable, and rebellion against all institutions was what we did. Now it's just been there, done that.
  33racoonie | Aug 24, 2013 |
Reading time, 11.75 hours. Evan Casher, a budding but successful documentary film maker, is called home by his mother who seems very concerned about something but will not tell him. Even is unaware he his being drawn into a web of cutthroat espionage.

I very much enjoyed listening to the story ; the narration done very well with varation in voices and expression. The plot is mostly believable but the main character developes skills of a CIA agent in a month's time which almost blew the believability!! In fact it was a dissapointment. The story was intriguing enough though, I wanted to finish listening anyway. ( )
  gaillamontagne | Apr 5, 2013 |
For Peter Ginsberg
The phone awoke Evan Casher, and he knew something was wrong.
Panic was weakness, a lack of preparation and resolve, a poison for his heart. -Jargo pg 29
The challenge, is that you must make a failure into an opportunity. If you create a situation, and you lose control of it, you must be able to reimagine that situation (salvageable situation); turn it to your advantage. You live and breathe, you can manipulate people. pg 228

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451412222, Mass Market Paperback)

Evan has a perfect life-until his mother is murdered. Suddenly, he himself is pursued by a circle of killers, only to discover that his entire past has been a lie. With only one chance at survival, and with no one he can trust, he must discover the truth about his family-and who he really is.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:45 -0400)

Things are going well for young film-maker Evan Casher - until he receives an urgent phonecall from his mother, summoning him home. He arrives to find her brutally murdered body on the kitchen floor and a hitman lying in wait for him.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible